Still Racist

Did you know we’re all brown? Each and every one of us. Just look close enough- there’s a brown tint to every skin. We’re all the same.

We all choose to turn a blind eye to the matter of racism. We believe there is no longer such a thing, with Black History Month and Barrack Obama in the White House. Our minds are closed- enough to believe racism isn’t a problem anymore. The media has us all locked under the cruel façade that the only racist people are the ones who have no fear to show it, like organizations such as the KKK. Even that isn’t a threat, for nobody believes stuff like this actually happens, and if it doesn’t affect them, then who cares?

Peel the film off of your eyeballs, people. This nation is a disgrace. It has me feeling guilty for something I never had any say in- being white. Just walking around the hallways of my Junior High, I see it. I hear the disgusting words roll off the kids’ tongues. Sometimes, I’m even peer-pressured into saying it, and I then wish I could take it all back, but it’s already too late. Even adults, I hear them say things that I wish I never had to hear; parents, grandparents, songs, TV, and now children. Aren’t we supposed to be ‘the new age’ where there is no more racism? Yeah, right.

Weather it’s from Caucasian to African American, vice versa, Hispanic to Asian, Jew to Muslim, racial profiling, or whatever else you can think of out there, it happens. People are bullied by it. They’re discriminated and face injustice in their communities, schools, and homes. Fact is, it doesn’t make you any better a person to say the most insane things to other human beings.

We are all stuck on this planet together, like it or not. Hate and mistrust due to shallow things like race and religion can only lead to more hate. Fighting fire with fire only gets more fire, and our world as we know it is about to go up in flames.

Tatyana said...

honestly im so against racism like thats one thing im very emotinall about

TheNovaClytie replied...
I'm with you. there is absolutely no point to rasim, it's a stupid difference made up in our minds that means nothing.

bennyB said...
if you ask me, all of this matter of race is dumb if you are racist then ok and if your not then ok

chexmix16 said...
Nov. 15, 2010 at 11:33 am
der shouldnt be discrimation in dha world