Purple is the Color of Love | Teen Ink

Purple is the Color of Love

Today is Oct. 20th 2010. The day to wear purple in memory of the teenagers who committed suicide caused by homophobia in school. Understand this, homosexuals will always be around. And even the straightest of straight people have had thoughts of homosexual experiences. Today I am wearing purple, in memory of deaths that shouldn't have had happened. Though many people dislike gays, one day, they won't have to accept it, but be the mature one, and grow up to understand that they'll always be around. You can't kill homosexuals, we're not a disease, we're not our own race, or species. We can't go extinct. Telling someone that can't be gay, is saying that you can't ever fall in love. you can't ever live your life. How would it make you feel if someone told your children that? That they can't live their lives, that they're nothing, that they should go die. It's not right is it? Respect is something this world needs to learn. I am bisexual, and I believe no one should be treated this way. No one straight, white, hispanic, gay, mentally challenged,should be treated so poorly for others stupidity and hatefulness. So today is the day I wear purple. In memory of those deaths that shouldn't have had happened.
<3

5 stars- nice job!