Close-Minded | Teen Ink

Close-Minded

By ctheatregeek BRONZE, N/A, Wisconsin
ctheatregeek BRONZE, N/A, Wisconsin

Close-minded people genuinely upset me. Living in a small town,you come to learn that ignorance, racism and sexism are more prevalent that you would think in this day and age. LGBTQ groups are treated like outcasts,and people spew out racist jokes like they are reading off the weather report. They say cruel hurtful thinks with ease. To close-minded people, they are right and everyone else in the world is wrong.

The LGBTQ community struggles the most with close-minded people. These said people believe that being gay is a choice, but I firmly believe it is not. That is like saying a biracial person chooses to be biracial. Like the baby sends a message to the mom before she gets pregnant saying "mommy please sleep with man who is a different race!" Do you see how stupid that sounds? Close-minded people believe if you are Gay, your a leper, you aren't aloud to marry, have children or even see your partner in the hospital because you technically aren't family. If everyone was just a little bit more open minded, the world would be a much better place.

Open your mind!

on Aug. 15 2010 at 6:37 pm
Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I agree very much, and well said!