Get Truth

Although we fought a war, dicrimination against certain people because of race, religion, or some other 3rd thing is still occuring. It happens when we arent't even aware of it. Someone of a different race asks you to lunch and you say no because...because...you dont even know why you said you wouldn't go. Is this it for America?

We are all people. We are not animals and not one of us deserves to be treated like one. Some animals are given better treatment than certain human beings. We are all created by God. Why do we discriminate? Will we ever figure out that questian nagging at the back of your mind?

Truthfully, we already have the answer. Lies. One lie after another. One can turn into thousands at the blink of an eye. They spread. We believe them. We build grudges and begin to hate. We no longer love one another as we love ourselvs. We have lost control and given in. Is this the end? Can this be stopped?

Yes. Rejoice not in a wrongdoing, but in the truth. Tell the truth, listen to the truth, and love the truth. For the truth is what carries us, America. Without truth, we have nothing to believe in. The worst part is, we have it. But, we push it to a corner and ignore it.

What will we do America? What does our future hold? It isnt what we see. We mostly see lies. Its what we don't see. The truth. So, that is it. Don't sit around and do nothing. Get up. Get out. And get truth.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Amen to that! I think that discrimination is rooted in something much worse than not telling the truth, but lies don't help either. The world would be a much better place if we revered the truth.

ToriRese replied...
Thank you so much. I guess a lot of people do this to me because I am a really wierd 12 year old.