What if I'm Gay?? | Teen Ink

What if I'm Gay??

May 5, 2010
By -taylor,renee BRONZE, North Vernon, Indiana
-taylor,renee BRONZE, North Vernon, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What's so Wrong with Being Gay?

There have been rallies, protests, meetings, committees, and everything else to convince the government that gay marriage should be illegal, and that the gay community should keep quiet, or just not be gay. Well i think differently. These people are who they are and if they want to be gay, then let them. Who is it really hurting?

How would you feel if someone walked up to you and said, “Ohh, I'm sorry, but you can't marry the person you love. Congress just announced that it's illegal. Too many people don't like you loving the same sex.” This is basically what people are saying, even though they say it in a nicer way.

People need to mind their own business. I know that sounds rude but they really do! You can't help who you love, you just fall for them, whether its a boy or a girl. Being gay doesn't hurt anyone even when people know so how is it a problem? Say you are standing next to a gay person in line at the grocery store. Unless they are showing some type of PDA with their partner then you wouldn't even know. It doesn't hurt you in any way at all.

The bible states that another man shouldn't lay with another man as he lays with a women, and the gay community knows this. If we are telling them this and they still want to be gay, then let them. It's not their fault, we shouldn't hate them just because they sin like every other person on the earth.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 13 comments.


on Feb. 5 2011 at 10:00 pm
MiaMonster BRONZE, Los Alamos, New Mexico
3 articles 0 photos 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I often wonder if life is easier for other people, or they're just better at faking it." -Unknown

then why did you write it? it seems very contraversal and kinda weird thatyou wrote it if it wasnt your opinion. btw whats wrong with gays PDA-ing? straight couples do it all the time.

keyblade42 said...
on Dec. 3 2010 at 5:00 pm
See Jayme gets it!!!!! and by the way the only reason i didn't call you a homophobe was because I am not as low as you Mr.deny people happiness!!

on Dec. 2 2010 at 6:39 pm
LoveMeHateMe GOLD, Tecumseh, Oklahoma
10 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
Giving up doesn't always mean your weak, sometimes it just means your strong enough to let go.

As keyblade42 said, your missing the point. It isn't about what is legal at the moment, it's about making what's right legal. That is the whole  point of this discussion.

on Dec. 1 2010 at 7:57 pm
TxDragon BRONZE, Saratoga, California
1 article 0 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Come and Take it!" -citizens of Gonzales, Texas, when the Mexicans tried to take away the cannon used to defend their town.

I'm not afraid of change. I'm afraid that all the moral values that this country stands for will be undermined and everyone will do what's right in their eyes.  A man and a woman get married because they love each other, that marriage is legally recognized because it fits the legal definition of marriage.  People pay for their items at a grocery store because that is the law.  Just because someone may not WANT to pay, does not mean that stealing is okay.  The legal definition of marriage is between a man and a woman.  Just because a man may not WANT to marry a woman, does not mean that marrying a man is the right thing to do. And please, because I know it's probably coming, lets not use the word homophobe ( or any phobia word.)

keyblade42 said...
on Dec. 1 2010 at 7:44 pm
HEY txdragon you seem to be missin the point.and because I belive that you need a little extra help i will make this short and simple. a man and a woman get married because they love each other not because it is the legal thing to do. so if 2 males love each other in the same way they should get the same right to marry. JUST BECAUSE YOU ARE AFRAID OF CHANGE DOESNT MEAN THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY THAT MALES AND MALES CANT MARRY AND THE SAME WITH FEAMALES AND FEAMALES.

taylor said...
on Jul. 6 2010 at 11:33 am
okay so i am taylor the person that wrote this article (which i did for school and had to post it on here). i just wanted to let everyone know that i am not gay, i am a christian, and i am agaist being gay. i don't exactly support gay marriage but i honestly think that if too people want to do it then let them. it would make them happy and they should know the consequences. if not, then we should blame ourselves (christians) for not spreading the gospil too them. also every sin can be forgiven acording to the bible, so sometime in their life if they decide they want to go to heaven, they can be forgiven. and we as christians should be there to support. but this is just my opinion.

on Jun. 23 2010 at 8:39 pm
LoveMeHateMe GOLD, Tecumseh, Oklahoma
10 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
Giving up doesn't always mean your weak, sometimes it just means your strong enough to let go.

Sometime there needs to be change. Traditional is not always the best.

I hope one day America will be free, because without everyone having the right to marry the person they love, it's not really freedom is it?


on Jun. 23 2010 at 8:34 pm
TxDragon BRONZE, Saratoga, California
1 article 0 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Come and Take it!" -citizens of Gonzales, Texas, when the Mexicans tried to take away the cannon used to defend their town.

Polygamy is a variation from the comon belief that marriage is between a man and a woman.  If we change one definition (man and woman to man and man or woman and woman) what's to stop us from changing another definition of marriage? ( one man and one woman to two men and one woman.)  Most Americans want to stick to the traditional definition of marriage.

on Jun. 22 2010 at 6:50 pm
LoveMeHateMe GOLD, Tecumseh, Oklahoma
10 articles 0 photos 19 comments

Favorite Quote:
Giving up doesn't always mean your weak, sometimes it just means your strong enough to let go.

What does gay marriage have to do with polygamists? Gay marriage is about allowing TWO people that love each other to have the right to marry.

 

It has nothing to do with polygamists. That is just another excuse that people use to keep homsexuals from having the same rights as everyone else.


on Jun. 21 2010 at 3:06 pm
TxDragon BRONZE, Saratoga, California
1 article 0 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Come and Take it!" -citizens of Gonzales, Texas, when the Mexicans tried to take away the cannon used to defend their town.

homosexuals have the same rights as heterosexuals.  I am not allowed to marry someone of my own gender, neither are homosexuals.  Just because they want to and I don't, they shouldn't be allowed special privileges.  Robbery is illegal, and just becuase someone may want to rob a bank doesn't mean they should be allowed to.  Also, polygamy is real and should stay illegal, along with same-sex marriage.  This country was founded on Christian principles, and those principles state that homosexuality is wrong, and so is polygamy. 

Midori said...
on Jun. 19 2010 at 3:37 am
However, TxDragon, you don't seem to realize that with marriage also comes special rights, the same special rights that heterosexual couples get when they marry. Because same-sex couples can't get married, they also can't get these same rights. Also, I think that if polygamists want to get married, let them too (but I've never really heard of this before except on the HBO series Big Love). If they all love each other and are consenting adults, I think that's fine. They should be allowed to get equal rights just as same-sex couples should. 

on May. 24 2010 at 8:08 pm
TxDragon BRONZE, Saratoga, California
1 article 0 photos 61 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Come and Take it!" -citizens of Gonzales, Texas, when the Mexicans tried to take away the cannon used to defend their town.

They can love whoever they want.  It just doesn't have to be legally the same as regular marriage.  If we legalize gay mariage, others will want us to legalize polygamy.  Marriage has always been between a man and a woman, and it should stay that way.

on May. 21 2010 at 12:09 pm
FireWhiskey SILVER, Durango, Colorado
9 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Dreams are only Dreams, unless you do something about them, than they're life"
~By me

While the writing is not the absalute best, I do agree with your piece and I think you bring up an excellent point.