Homosexuality

I honestly believe that the day will come where homosexuals will be accepted into the world as a normal part of society. however, there will always be that group of society that will forever hate the 'gay race'. think of it this way though, in the history of society, African Americans used to be slaves! And when Lincoln freed them, how were they viewed? as scum! this is why i believe that discrimination against gays should be put to an end as soon as possible. please realize that no one would openly choose to be ridiculed their entire life and discriminated by their family...if it truly was a choice, i can honestly say that many gay people would choose to be 'straight' instead of havnig to live a life of depression. another thing to consider is that homosexuals have the highest suicide rate in the world. imagine that. i appreciate you taking time to read through this, and if you dont change your views, please change how quick you are to judge.

TheRedneckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree that discrimination is wrong, but God made woman for man and vice versa.

WriterHeadThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:44 pm:
great article!!!! however, i had to do a double take when you said that many gay people would choose to be straight instead of living a life of depression. just because you're gay, it doesn't mean that you're depressed and being discriminated against. it depends on the person and who they're around.

ChristopherK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 6, 2010 at 2:43 pm:

Discrimination is an endless cycle. It keeps popping up with different groups and you can never seem to tie it down.

I definitely agree with your article, but I also agree with "Question-Authority" that your article could be much more powerful if you expanded on each point.

Jayme C. said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:37 pm:

I love the article.

I totally agree with you. I am so tired of homosexuals being judged and being treated like scum. I think that there needs to be more people like you that see how wrong it is to treat people like gays are treated.

WriteForLove said...
Feb. 16, 2010 at 12:30 am:
Hey I totally agree with you! Please read my article "Discrimination Is the Issue" and let me know what you think! Anybody who has opinions on the matter, please read and comment. that would be great!
And this is amazing. Thank you so much for standing up for what you believe in!

APoetAtHeart said...
Jan. 27, 2010 at 10:13 am:
" i can honestly say that many gay people would choose to be 'straight' instead of havnig to live a life of depression. " Minor feedback upon your statement. Honestly, I believe the strong believers wont. As I,I want to make a difference,fight for my rights and for others! People want to stand up and fight for what and who they are. I,in no way,ever want to change who I am

jacked_up_sharpie said...
Everyone is capable of being discrimated. Because noone is the picture perfect person in everyone's eyes. So, someone will be discrimated by someone else, and loved by others. Its sad, really.

question-authority said...
I completely agree with what you're saying. Try to expand your article into paragraphs or even persuasive-essay form to make the point more effectively expressed.

mandapanda91 said...
this is good;D

DizzyRae said...
Dec. 30, 2009 at 12:17 am:
People are not as open...I guess people think that homosexuality will ruin the AMERICAN DREAM or sumthin..Idk...We all r jus about the same..WE JUS CHOOSE DIFF LIFESTYLES...My lifestyle is being a lesbian ...so what if people hate it. I dont hate straight people or discrimante them

photographer_author_artist_lover said...
I agree! It's not right for us to dicriminate against them, and they really can't help who they are. It's really refreshing to listen to someone open-minded like you. :)