Homosexuality | Teen Ink

Homosexuality

By LiveLoveLaugh BRONZE, Fullerton, California
LiveLoveLaugh BRONZE, Fullerton, California

Live and hope for the best, but learn to expect the worst.

I honestly believe that the day will come where homosexuals will be accepted into the world as a normal part of society. however, there will always be that group of society that will forever hate the 'gay race'. think of it this way though, in the history of society, African Americans used to be slaves! And when Lincoln freed them, how were they viewed? as scum! this is why i believe that discrimination against gays should be put to an end as soon as possible. please realize that no one would openly choose to be ridiculed their entire life and discriminated by their family...if it truly was a choice, i can honestly say that many gay people would choose to be 'straight' instead of havnig to live a life of depression. another thing to consider is that homosexuals have the highest suicide rate in the world. imagine that. i appreciate you taking time to read through this, and if you dont change your views, please change how quick you are to judge.

i decided to write this piece because i have many gay friends and i constantly see this kind of discrimination. even in their own house! i just feel that personal issues with gay people should be known. there are two sides to every story, and i just want to make sure that this side of the story is known!

Silence. said...
on May. 12 2016 at 9:11 pm
Silence., Flower Mound, Texas

"Silence is true wisdom's best reply." -Euripides

Well, in that case, then God would not have created gay people.

on Apr. 7 2013 at 10:17 pm
ThatRedneckKid SILVER, Collierville, Tennessee

"Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid"
-John Wayne

I agree that discrimination is wrong, but God made woman for man and vice versa.

on Feb. 27 2013 at 8:44 pm
Positivity_At_Its_Finest DIAMOND, Morrow, Georgia

Life is a stage, get on it and perform your best act.

great article!!!! however, i had to do a double take when you said that many gay people would choose to be straight instead of living a life of depression. just because you're gay, it doesn't mean that you're depressed and being discriminated against. it depends on the person and who they're around.

on Jul. 6 2010 at 2:43 pm
ThatBlondGuy SILVER, Mableton, Georgia

Discrimination is an endless cycle. It keeps popping up with different groups and you can never seem to tie it down.

I definitely agree with your article, but I also agree with "Question-Authority" that your article could be much more powerful if you expanded on each point.

Jayme C. said...
on Jun. 14 2010 at 10:37 pm

I love the article.

I totally agree with you. I am so tired of homosexuals being judged and being treated like scum. I think that there needs to be more people like you that see how wrong it is to treat people like gays are treated.

on Feb. 16 2010 at 12:30 am
WriteForLove GOLD, New Iberia, Louisiana

"Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live."

Hey I totally agree with you! Please read my article "Discrimination Is the Issue" and let me know what you think! Anybody who has opinions on the matter, please read and comment. that would be great!

And this is amazing. Thank you so much for standing up for what you believe in!

on Jan. 27 2010 at 10:13 am
APoetAtHeart GOLD, Lyman, Maine

" I am, Who I Am, But WHY I Am,Who I Am, Is What Confuses Me." - By Me

" i can honestly say that many gay people would choose to be 'straight' instead of havnig to live a life of depression. "
Minor feedback upon your statement. Honestly, I believe the strong believers wont. As I,I want to make a difference,fight for my rights and for others! People want to stand up and fight for what and who they are. I,in no way,ever want to change who I am

on Jan. 21 2010 at 5:56 pm
jacked_up_sharpie GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas

"Talk when you are angry, and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret."

Everyone is capable of being discrimated. Because noone is the picture perfect person in everyone's eyes. So, someone will be discrimated by someone else, and loved by others. Its sad, really.

on Dec. 30 2009 at 4:49 pm
I completely agree with what you're saying. Try to expand your article into paragraphs or even persuasive-essay form to make the point more effectively expressed.

on Dec. 30 2009 at 4:11 pm
dirinity SILVER, Clayton, North Carolina

"Certain things catch your eye,
But pursue only those
that capture your heart.
"

this is good;D

on Dec. 30 2009 at 12:17 am
DizzyRae PLATINUM, Fort Washington, Maryland

“For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof; the work for which all other work is but preparation.”
-Rainer Maria Rilke

People are not as open...I guess people think that homosexuality will ruin the AMERICAN DREAM or sumthin..Idk...We all r jus about the same..WE JUS CHOOSE DIFF LIFESTYLES...My lifestyle is being a lesbian ...so what if people hate it. I dont hate straight people or discrimante them

on Dec. 8 2009 at 12:10 pm
peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

I agree! It's not right for us to dicriminate against them, and they really can't help who they are. It's really refreshing to listen to someone open-minded like you. :)