Gay Rights

Recently i have began to question the motive behind banding gay marriages. I wanted a reason, an answer and an explanation as to why my aunt can not marry. The truth is there is no LEGAL reason why they cannot marry. Here's my thing... think about this, if you ask a person why gays can't marry they say because its not right and if you keep pushing the issue of why its not right it all goes back to religion."because the bible says its wrong" a friend of mine once said to me. In law and politics you are told to separate church from state, yet gays are immoral because the bible says that... in America we have freedom of religion. If we are going to base homosexual relationships on religion we must take ALL religions into consideration since our 1st amendment says freedom of religion. Buddha was not for or against gay marriages so the Buddhist religion should be in affect here.I think by refusing gays their right to marry is unconstitutional and goes against the 1st amendment because not all Americans are christian and that's what we are basing it off of.

canuckgirl935 said...
today at 3:11 pm:
I agree completely. :)

Loka013 said...
i agree. but no one remembers that church and government should be seperated. America is based on freedom.

MaxineA replied...
Oct. 15, 2013 at 2:19 pm :
Our country might seperate church and government, but we should not seperate ourselves from what our country was originally founded upon: MORAL law and and NATURAL law. They are the roots of the Constitution and the stem that supports a great nation. If you must, pull out the roots and snap the stem. We'll see what happens.

gaga-fan28 said...
I completely agree! There is nothing wrong with gay marriage, what's wrong is when people are discriminating against gays.

TeaCat replied...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:16 am :
I agree!          

tianaxbiddy said...
Jul. 16, 2010 at 4:13 pm:
u r soooooooooooooooooooooooo right. in america there are more than just christains there are other reliogions too (i prob just splet that wrong). we are all the same so shouldnt we be treated the same????

Kavishg This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 30, 2010 at 8:54 am:
I totally agree, i've had those kind of conversations with others myself.  There is nothing "not right" about being gay, it is what they are born as, just as others are born straight.  They are not "weird' because they are gay, its just the way they are.  Nowadays, no one accepts that, they think its a disability.  Just like deafness, deaf ppl used to be looked down upon as not intelligient because they couldn't hear, when they were actually sometimes more intelligient than h... (more »)

Bobbi replied...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 11:33 pm :
I agree completely, it should be allowed everywhere.

DanceAwayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 8, 2010 at 3:15 pm:
Wow! really well written. Good job. I think the topic is really interesing, and you explained it well.

Bobbi replied...
Jun. 1, 2010 at 11:35 pm :
Thank you, i tried to make it longer but its hard with a 4 year old little brother screaming in the background.

omenofthecrow said...
Greatly put. I couldn't have said it better myself

snow_monkey said...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 11:17 am:
Well, a MAN and WOMEN are created and born to marry the opposite sex.  You can't have a kid if people of the same sex marry.  If everyeon was gay, our population growth would go down.

Bobbi replied...
Apr. 21, 2010 at 3:51 pm :
many young women are infertile does that mean you are saying they should not marry? Because your whole basis is same sex couples cannot bear children but many opposite sex couples also cannot.

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 8, 2010 at 6:41 pm :
Not EVERYONE is gay. There is a small minority of gay people; they aren't hurting anyone. The global population is too large anyway. If an opposite-sex marriage is infertile or if they choose not to have a child, is that OK then?

TeaCat replied...
Apr. 16, 2011 at 9:19 am :
May I point out that the world is getting disturbingly overpopulated? I don't think the world is in any danger of dying out. And if it did, better humans die than animals. Humans are destroying the world.

savetheplanet replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm :
For one thing, not everyone is g.ay.   In there near future it is unlikely that everyone will become g.ay.  And as TeaCat pointed out, we're in a bit of an overpopulation crisis.  The world population decreasing is something we're TRYING to accomplish.

magic-esi This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 3:23 pm:
You want a reason for banning gay marriage? Here's the reason: People are idiots. It is immature to ban gay marriage; you're just squirmy at the idea of someone who has different sexual opinions than you. Get over it. You're not babies. Grow up.
Your article was true and this is something people should definitely consider.

MisplacedTexan14 said...
Mar. 3, 2010 at 9:58 pm:
Your aunt has every right to get married. She has the exact same rights as a straight person. I can't marry a woman either (not that I would want to) . SO enough of this "We deserve equal rights" stuff. A gay person has the EXACT same rights as me, a straight person. Nowhere in the constitution or bill of mrights does it give you the right to marry the person you love. Marriage is a man and a woman.

MarinaOreo replied...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 10:27 am :
Actually, you're wrong. Homosexuals and heterosexuals don't have the same rights but her aunt cannot get married to whomever she wants unless it is of the opposite sex, which is not what she wants. So, in that case there is a big difference between gay's and straight's rights.
Btw, I think your article is great. I agree all the way.

MisplacedTexan14 replied...
Apr. 6, 2010 at 12:25 am :
Heterosexuals can't marry whomever they want either. We all have the same rights. We all have the right to marry someone of the opposite gender.