Vegatarians | Teen Ink

Vegatarians

By JWATT SILVER, Houston, Texas
JWATT SILVER, Houston, Texas

James is a vegetarian. And he is the leader of the vegetarian movement and he has successfully converted America into a vegetarian country. Ten years later we are all gone because of the loss of oxygen and global warming has taken effect and has killed us all. Now how do you feel about vegetarianism? Vegetarians say that meat is murder and that we are killing what God created when they are killing what God has also created, plants. This is especially the wrong time to be a vegetarian when there are global warming issues today.

Vegetarians say that meat is murder when vegetarians are murderers themselves. They are killing plants too. Yeah les’s all the save the cows and chickens when we are all going to die when all of the plants in the world are gone and global warming takes effect or we die from loss of oxygen. How does that sound to you? At least we save the cows right. As long as we are saving the cows and other animals then I’m all for being a vegetarian. Since that is all that matters right, the animals, as long as they are safe then everything is ok. It’s not like God put animals on the earth for us to eat right. He wanted us to eat all the plants and save all animals.

If we do accept vegetarianism as a country the results would be catastrophic. Global warming would eventually take effect because of the loss of plants. And we will be killing our own oxygen supply and will die of loss of oxygen. I can see it now. The newspaper title in China “America’s number of livestock has increased exponentially.” The next day “America is wiped off the face of the earth due to loss of oxygen, but at least they saved an extinct animal for a little while.

Vegetarian’s hearts are in the right place. All they want to do is to make this a better world to live in. People need to eat meat. That is all there is to it though, your whole diet cannot be lettuce and carrots. Your body needs proteins and carbohydrates to function on a daily basis. And if all of America becomes vegetarian, you will see a dramatic decrease in lifespan in America. I am not saying that vegetables are unneeded for good health but it can’t be all you eat.

In conclusion, Vegetarians ‘s say that cow is meat is murder, even though they are killing the plants too. When they kill the plants that is just opening the door for global warming period. But ya’ll are helping the environment so it’s ok. Another characteristic about Vegetarians that they are correct in why they want to be vegetarians but they are wrong in how they go about themselves. Any time there is a Vegetarian at a school they always sit but they because people think that they’re weird and they go around acting like they are so perfect because they are vegetarians. Lastly

Doright40 said...
on Nov. 19 2009 at 10:46 am
JWATT? what does that mean honestly it should not be that, I think your writing is great and you show great points. You people commented are ridiculous we all have our own opions no children

ballinboy32 said...
on Nov. 19 2009 at 10:43 am
Hanna I know exactly what you mean by your comments. Our world does need to cute down on meat for the enviorment, but I do not think we should completely cut it out of our food eating. I am not a vegetarian,but I love them because they have beliefs just like we do, and you need to be respected, so you people on here with comments need to chill. you will get reported if not.

on Nov. 19 2009 at 10:41 am
YOU LIKE MEAT AND I LIKE MEAT AND MEAT IS GOOD AND I LOVE MEAT AND YOU LOVE MEAT AND MY LEFT BROTHER LOVES MEAT BECAUSE MEAT IS MEAT AND MY RIGHT BROTHER LOVES MEAT BECAUSE THE CENTER OF THE PROCESS IS MEAT AND THE MEAT IS AWESOME BECAUSE MY OTHER FATHER LOVES MEAT AND HIS STEP COUSIN LIKES MEAT SO MEAT IS TO BE LIKED BY PEOPLE AND VEGIES ARE NASTY SAYS MY STEP SISTERS STEP MOM

on Nov. 19 2009 at 10:38 am
hanna, u need to eat ur vegtables and learn tay tay kk? aight thanks bye

athens said...
on Nov. 19 2009 at 10:37 am
BEAUTIFUL!

Ben Young said...
on Nov. 19 2009 at 10:36 am
This is great and Hanna C. does not know what she is talking about

Thisisit said...
on Nov. 19 2009 at 10:35 am
HANNAH! you are wrong! and you said "tying" its typing!

on Nov. 19 2009 at 10:35 am
shinyhippo BRONZE, Houston, Texas
I think that this essay is beautifully written and i strongly disagree Hanna C. The companies that make meat are not terrible for the environment and the vegegatable companies still have factorys that have the same processes

Hanna Crooks GOLD, Louisville, Kentucky
Yes, I realize that I wrote meet instead of meat. My mistake; I was tying too fast. Please don't use it as an excuse to write my argument off as stupid!

Hanna Crooks GOLD, Louisville, Kentucky
I think you need to research this a little bit more before you make a claim like this. Cutting down on meet is actually good for the environment. The world's livestock industry contributes more greenhouse gases to the atmosphere than all of its cars, trains, planes, and boats combined; cattle themselves create tons of methane and nitrous oxide, which are many times worse for the environment than the CO2 that plants use up; and actually, the livestock industry eats up a whole lot more plants than vegetarians do, not to mention all of the rainforest in Latin America that is cleared for grazing. (source: http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1839995,00.html) The idea that cutting back on meet is going to wipe plants off the face of the earth is unfounded in any logical or factual argument. We eat more vegetables to compensate, of course, but there's no shortage of the plants that most people eat. If anybody is going to be called a plant-ravaging, resource-consuming machine, how about the cows?