Reflections

Well, if you have read pretty much anything else I have ever written, then you probably know how lazy I am. So just the fact that I went and did a ton of research for this proves just how passionate I am for the subject. Also, I want that Girl Scout badge.

Anyway, today we’re going to talk about the current election cycle...yay.  Forgive me if I do not leap for joy. But we’re not going to talk about the candidates, God no. There’s probably more written on them then are Thorki fanfics out there. We’re going to talk about the VP candidates!

There isn;t very many interesting points about Tim Kaine. He’s pretty much just the same as Hillary Clinton, his corresponding presidential candidates. He agrees with her on almost all of the issues, including everything from economy to education. It’s actually terrifying how similar they are.

Mike Pence on the other hand, is the exact opposite of Trump. On almost all of the issues, the republican candidates have completely opposite views. Except for LGBT right. Or rather, the lack thereof. They both do not support same-sex marriage, although Pence is much more extreme on it.

He has vetoed several bills that would protect gays in the military and encourage other countries to stop criminalizing gays. Mike Pence supported a bill that would defund HIV programs, and re route that money towards ex-gay treatments. Luckily that bill fell through, although Pence was able to defund HIV programs, and guess what? HIV infections spiked in Indiana.

Honestly, setting out on this research escapade I wanted to find some hope in this election. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. It turns out that the VP candidates are just reflection of their corresponding presidential candidates. Are only hope now is to look to the 2020 election, and learn from this election.

Works Cited
Baume, Matt. "Mike Pence: Even More Extreme Than Donald Trump." Huffington Post. N.p., 18 July 2016. Web. 15 Aug. 2016.
Covert, Bryce. "Mike Pence's Views Are The Polar Opposite Of Trump's On Trump's Key Issue." Medium. N.p., 14 July 2016. Web. 16 Aug. 2016.
"Donald Trump: Opposes Nationwide Marriage Equality | Human Rights Campaign." Human Rights Campaign. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Aug. 2016.
Shepherd, Katie, and Alan Rappeport. "How Tim Kaine and Hillary Clinton Compare on the Issues." The New York Times. The New York Times, 23 July 2016. Web. 16 Aug. 2016.
Silverstein, Jason, and Adam Edelman. "What You Need to Know about Mike Pence, Trump's Reported VP." NY Daily News. Daily News, n.d. Web. 16 Aug. 2016.