Stop Banning Syrians | Teen Ink

Stop Banning Syrians

By unknwon BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
unknwon BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

Every time there's a war or a natural disaster people and animals migrate to different countries trying to get as far from the incident.That's what Syrians are going through now. They came here to America seeking safeness but now the country that offered them protection is now getting rid of them sending them back to their home which is now being attack by other countries such as Russia, France and by terrorist group ISIS. After the Paris attack that killed about 129 people.Most states in America have banned Syrians and while many think this is a good thing I think it's not, I believe the United States should not ban these poor people who are looking for a safe place 

To start out they are not a threat to us ISIS is, not the refugees. They want to get away from war, they are not a threat to us, a lot of countries have accepted thousands of them, and It's not only syrians in ISIS It's other foreign people as well.  Refugees don't control what the terrorist group does. They are affected as much  by the people who get attacked.

Refugees don't have control about the situations. What they're really trying to do is survive this poor crisis in their country.  The statistics from the U.S State Department,(Peter Bergen, CNN National Security Analyst 2015) “the vast majority of those admitted are children, women and the sick and the elderly, while only 2% admitted to the States are "military age males" between 18 and 30.” The chance of a terrorist getting in this group of 10,000 refugees is really small.

Another reason is many other allies of US are accepting millions of refugees like germany, France, turkey, hungary, etc, so why not give them a chance to feel safe with their families.The United stated have only accepted 1500 syrians since 9/11. That is not a lot compared to other countries who are accepting thousands a year like Germany who have accepted 98,700 refugees . This is 97,200 more refugees than what America have accepted. 

My last reason is ISIS is not just Syrians ,It's People from all around the world in many americans have been found in the terrorist group ISIS either dead or arrested.  This shows everyone that it's not only Syrians in ISIS but many other foreign fighter. Yet many people keep believing that it's only the Syrians causing the trouble. Even countries in Europe are joining ISIS when they could be helping them they help ISIS by joining their army.

Although many people say “if we let syrians refugees entrer america ISIS would get into our country” but the answer is no. The United State have accepted 784,000 refugees from September 11, 2001, to 2015. Only three refugees have been arrested for terrorism act(“The U.S. Record Shows Refugees Are Not a Threat” 2015).” This means that for ISIS to get in the US it will be extremely difficult because in 14 years only 3 refugees were accused of terrorism.  

I believe that syrians should not be ban from the U.S., because they are not a threat to us, other countries have accepted syrians refugees, and It's not only the syrians joining the terrorist group isis but many other people.Therefore, i believe that the U.s should allow the refugees to feel safe in america. I believe that these poor people deserve to live here and feel safe.

seeing on the new how syrians were getting kicket from us