Leaders | Teen Ink

Leaders

By willL BRONZE, Melbourne Beach, Florida
willL BRONZE, Melbourne Beach, Florida

Leadership is something not all people are made for. It requires both mental and physical strength to bear the weight and strain of responsibility. A leader must be able to make choices in favor of the majority of their followers, and must be able to relinquish power when called to do so. Leading is not something people are preordained to do ether. Leading is not for everyone.

A great leader must chose to benefit in favor of the majority of his subjects. Not all people agree on one thing, but, most will agree on one subject. In history, the most successful leaders in terms of prosperity and happiness were those heavily influenced by their subjects. Leaders such as Mahatma Gandhi listened to their followers, and sought to work to make the lives better in that way.

More Importantly, A leader must also give up power when he is called to do so. if not, he may damage the origination he is leading by struggling to remain in power of leaders such as Adolf Hitler, though starting out as an excellent leader, started to go downhill, and as Hitler did, destroying and embarrassing their organization and its people.

All things considered, being a leader is a difficult person to be. As Truman once said “Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better" Leaders must be able to please the masses, and be able to quietly relinquish their position to another person. If everyone was a leader, then who would follow?