Obama's Election

“It took a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get to where we are today, but we have just begun. Today we begin in earnest the work of making sure that the world we leave our children is just a little bit better than the one we inhabit today.” In a matter of seconds history was made. A moment that will live in time -- I will be able to retell exactly where I was when I found out and exactly how I felt. When the news anchor announced that Senator Barack Obama was officially President Elect Barack Obama, I felt a multitude of feelings; I felt pride, excitement and hope for our future.
Barack Obama said, “There is not a Black America and White America and Latino America and Asian America -- there is the United States of America” Being a black American female, I know that the election of Obama gives the people of America an assurance of representation. Barack Obama is a man that everyone can identify with, regardless of race, religion or creed; which makes his election even more moving.

thinkingtoohard said...
If you read my article, you will see how this one, while relevant back then, has sadly become inaccurate

zacharydamon This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I appreciate your opinion but I have to respectfully disrspect it. I'm honestly not looking forward to the debts I'm going to have to immediately owe after High School, and the fact he's planning on letting us fall over the cliff isn't much a help either.

hrwtyi said...
Jan. 31, 2011 at 4:53 am:
Im sure that 13 trillion dollar debt will be good on the next generation