Why Not | Teen Ink

Why Not

By justforkixkate BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
justforkixkate BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

About 12% of Minnesotens are lesbian, gay, bisexul, and trangender (LGBT) acording to MN People. People have very different options about the gay marriage conflict! Do you ever wounded about the pros and cons of gay marriage or who supports it and who doesn't. Even what the flag means that supporters hang up? Well I have and now I am going to tell you about these things.

Most pros to gay marriage are it will make people happier and let them live their life. Or it will stop fights and other things like that. Yes it will help those things but it will also help businesses. One of the main businesses it will help is the wedding businesses. Jon Baird owner of soundwave DJ servos has a strong opinion on this. He said if they passed the gay marriage law. There would be a lot more money and people coming into his business. He also informed me the LGBT people will pay you more for you to DJ or run their weddings then straights will.

When you ask non supporters what are the con of gay marriage are they will say gay marriage is gross, I don't what to see them kiss or hug, or it will harm the childrens minds. If those people think about it them and there kids are going to see them holding hands, hugging, kissing or even just being together whether they are married or not! So I don't see what the problem is.Others may say its against the bible but according to My Bible there is nothing that comes out and say that LGBT people can't get married.

after reading this article people have probs figured out whether I'm supporting or whether I'm not! Well I'm a supporter. I personally don't see a problem with it! It's will just put more money into businesses, it will help some people be happy and it will make it easier for LGBT's to adopt, live together, and many more things. I know two guys that aren't married but would love to! They have a little girl and they adore her. I still see them walking around town holding hands and everything else just like straights! They can do almost everything straights can do why not let them get married.

I don't know about others but I have always wondered what that flag people hang up means. I did some research on it and found out they have more than one flag.They have the one that is like a rainbow to show all colors/people matter! the other flag looks just like the American flag but it only has nine stars on it because only nine states have made it so GLBTs can get married. People don't hang up the second flag because it's too close to the American flag.

We come to the turning point in history where people are now being given the chance to change the ban against same sex marriage. Many Americans have a turned against idea of what a homosexual is, when really they are not any different than everyone else, except for their sexual orientation. In states where same sex marriage is illegal, same sex couples have a feeling of shame following them. Our nation has come a long way from slavery and racism, but intolerance still exists. Homosexuals are fully functioning human being, capable of raising children and having a functional home life. Same sex marriage should not be taken away from people who want to commit to a relationship with the person they love. We should have the choice to marry the person we love; we should let our children have the choice to marry the person they love; we should support our community and let our fellow citizens have the choice to marry the person they love.

my aunt is lesban so i wrote this for her.