John McCain for President | Teen Ink

John McCain for President MAG

By Anonymous

Republican candidate John McCain has experience in our nation’s government. His views on border security and the environment make him well suited for the nation’s soon-to-be vacant spot in the White House.

McCain shows great leadership and involvement in the nation’s welfare. He graduated from the United States Naval Academy and was a naval aviator for 22 years. He survived his first near-death experience in July 1967, as he was preparing to take off on a bombing mission during the Vietnam War. A rocket from a nearby plane struck and exploded the fuel tanks of McCain’s plane. McCain was given the option to go home with an honorable discharge, but he refused and volunteered for another five and half years. This act of courage shows McCain’s perseverance, strength, and determination to serve his country.

During McCain’s twenty-third bombing mission in Vietnam, he was shot down. Fortunately, he survived, but he became a prisoner of war for years at the “Hanoi Hilton” prison camp. After his release, ­McCain demonstrated once again his tenacious love for his country, continuing his career as a naval aviator. McCain retired from the Navy in 1981 with the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross honors.

In 1982, McCain was elected to the House of Representatives from Arizona. He promoted strengthening the armed forces, reforming government, and eliminating unnecessary federal spending. Then, in 1986, he was elected to the U.S. Senate and has served continuously since.

McCain has experience close to the presidential ­position, making him an ideal next president of the United States. His campaign slogan speaks for itself: “Ready From Day One.” His experience in the armed forces and involvement in Congress give McCain significant advantages over other candidates.

McCain holds firm to his desire to secure the ­borders, and provides an effective plan for doing this. Illegal immigrants flood into the nation, costing millions of taxpayer dollars. McCain has devised a plan to tighten security at our borders. By doing this, McCain believes that the U.S. will be able to address immigration problems more effectively. McCain recognizes the importance of building strong allies with Latin America and assimilating our immigrant population, having them learn U.S. history and English.

McCain will also lead the way to a cleaner, greener environment. As a leader in preventing global warming, he vows to ensure cleaner air and water. McCain also believes that conserving U.S. resources will boost the nation’s economy. In addition, he would promote global participation in reducing greenhouse gases. McCain would like to reduce carbon emissions by harnessing market forces, promoting alternative energy, and reducing dependence on foreign fuel. McCain will create a presidential legacy by promoting the conservation of our environment.

John McCain is the best candidate in the 2008 ­election because his experience outweighs that of ­other candidates. ­McCain has devised two necessary plans that would directly help U.S. citizens and further the ­nation as a world power by setting a positive example for other countries.


Similar Articles

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 139 comments.


on Nov. 5 2018 at 2:04 am
G-J-Samuel GOLD, Tirana, Other
12 articles 0 photos 5 comments
He is dead...

mplo said...
on Sep. 4 2015 at 3:24 pm
Sara Palin as president of the United States?? First of all, she really wasn't/isn't too smart. Secondly, as mayor of Wasilla, AK (her hometown), she singlehandedly threw that city into bankruptcy, which shows that she doesn't know the slightest thing about running a city (So how in the world can she really be expected to know to run a country?!?), and, thirdly, she didn't get her youngest child (now 6-7 years old), who has Downs Syndrome the proper care and therapy that ne should've gotten as a baby, and will never, ever be able to function for or take care of himself, but was just into showing off her cute little baby by touting him around everywhere she went. Next, that Palin family has a reputation for crashing parties and starting drunken brawls. Next, she's into killing animals just for sport. There's a whole list of why I couldn't/didn't support her, but I'll just leave it go at this.

mplo said...
on Sep. 4 2015 at 3:00 pm
Actions speak way louder than words, and the fact that Obama did speak out against NAFTA, and other things that've proven no good for our government and our society as a whole mean nothing, because he went totally against, proving that he has been little or no better than any of his predecessors.

mplo said...
on Sep. 4 2015 at 2:57 pm
As somebody who was a Democrat for a very long time (for roughly 40 years after I was able to vote (Back then, the voting age was still 21.), who bought into the "Lesser of two evils" vote. Back in 2008, before that year's Presidential election, after listening to the debates on Foreign Policy and other things, and hearing then-POTUS Candidate Barack Obama take the exact same positions on such things as foreign policy, oil drilling, voting to extend the FISA Act, which violates people's privacy, and to promise to "finish the job in Afghanistan.", I decided I could not, in good conscience, vote for either Barack Obama OR his opponent, John McCain, for I immediately saw where things were going. That year, at the polls, I did a write-in vote (writing in my own ticket--i. e. Dennis Kucinich and Bernie Sanders.) at the POTUS polls. Four years later, after switching from the Democratic to the Independent Party (called Unenrolled in my present city of Residence.), I voted for Jill Stein (a member of the Green Party), at the 2012 POTUS Election, at the polls, and have no regrets.

on Feb. 4 2013 at 2:48 pm
CDHLegend BRONZE, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 14 comments
This is a bit dated....

on Nov. 10 2012 at 10:39 am
fictitious-quandary GOLD, Orlando, Florida
18 articles 5 photos 83 comments

Favorite Quote:
Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right"
- Henry Ford

Desmothenes you are very smart. We will never know what never happened. 

on Jul. 11 2012 at 10:28 pm
Desmothenes Locke GOLD, Cresskill, New Jersey
13 articles 0 photos 21 comments

Your argument "McCain would've been far worse" is a commonly used one. Please elaborate for me what you mean.

Also, are you unaware that are consitutional rights are being abused already? Multiple laws tresspass the lines of the constitution. Please provide specific evidence upon your statement before making a bold claim like this.


NickyJ BRONZE said...
on Mar. 3 2012 at 6:47 pm
NickyJ BRONZE, Hyde Park, New York
1 article 0 photos 138 comments

Favorite Quote:
“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ~Robert Frost

Thank god that guy didnt win the election. Obama sucks but McCain wouldv'e been far worse.

His policies would have been more disastrous than Bush's he's lobbied for bills that would take basic constitutional rights away from American Citizens.

To want him for president dies any kind of logic.


on Feb. 1 2012 at 2:08 am
kurtis.m.russell, Zama-shi, Other
0 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
But, man, you're never going to get any truth from us. We'll tell you anything you want to hear; we lie like hell. We'll tell you that, uh, Kojak always gets the killer, or that nobody ever gets cancer at Archie Bunker's house, and no matter how much trouble the hero is in, don't worry, just look at your watch; at the end of the hour he's going to win. We'll tell you any shit you want to hear. We deal in *illusions*, man! None of it is true! But you people sit there, day after day, night after night, all ages, colors, creeds... We're all you know. You're beginning to believe the illusions we're spinning here. You're beginning to think that the tube is reality, and that your own lives are unreal. You do whatever the tube tells you! You dress like the tube, you eat like the tube, you raise your children like the tube, you even *think* like the tube! This is mass madness, you maniacs! In God's name, you people are the real thing! *WE* are the illusion! So turn off your television sets. Turn them off now. Turn them off right now. Turn them off and leave them off! Turn them off right in the middle of the sentence I'm speaking to you now! TURN THEM OFF...

In today's society these sorts of views are often taken. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter who is voted for, politics is a game played only by the corrupt and the men and women of america who see fit to betray, pay and smile their way into the hearts of americans, poking at their hearts using the tools of terrorism, freedom and death. The democratic system that our country is supposedly founded on, once had the great potential for equality in all. But this potential has been squandered and no matter who would be elected, the heart's of humans are easily corrupted and utopia or peace is impossible in this world because corruption is at the core of our human nature.

on Jan. 16 2012 at 10:41 pm
SunkistKisser BRONZE, Tempe, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Not one would mind, neither bird not tree
If mankind perished utterly
And Spring herself, when she woke at down,
Would hardly know that we were gone." ~Sara Teasdale
(Yea, I know, it's kind of deep, but I kind of dig it.))

Please enlighten me on exactly what you would do if the last president started a war with the middle east and an entire country was looking to you for a way out of gigantic economic crisis. Being a president is supposed to be one of the most difficult jobs out there and it's quite easy to see why.

on Jan. 16 2012 at 10:34 pm
SunkistKisser BRONZE, Tempe, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 32 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Not one would mind, neither bird not tree
If mankind perished utterly
And Spring herself, when she woke at down,
Would hardly know that we were gone." ~Sara Teasdale
(Yea, I know, it's kind of deep, but I kind of dig it.))

I'm a Democrat, my best friend is a Republican and we get along like peanut butter and jelly. Differences that make us all unique have a way of pulling the world apart. Electing a political leader is not about which "side" you're on, it's about choosing someone who you think would make the world a better place. Sometimes it's hard to remember that nobody is perfect, even the president of the United States. I think it's great that people are voicing their opinions, but voicing your opinion doesn't mean you you offend other people's ideas. This article is written wonderfully and it's well researched. Good job :)

on Jan. 14 2012 at 10:55 am
aspiringauthor_ BRONZE, Fairfield, Connecticut
1 article 0 photos 324 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - MLK Jr.

It was their choice, not yours. They're entitled to whatever opinions they want. Calling them names won't change that. The only thing it will change is your level of maturity... Making it go down.

on Jan. 10 2012 at 11:03 pm
YoungAndAware BRONZE, Not Yet., Ohio
1 article 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
― Ron Paul

As a notice from the future, Obama has just passed the National Defense Authorization Act of Fiscal 2012 on December 31st, 2011, allowing himself and the Attorney General to indefinitely detain or assassinate anyone "suspected" (without due process or a fair trial) of being a threat, a.k.a, a terrorist. This is a fine addition to the Patriot Act which we all know and love (end sarcasm) and I hope you are happy with your choice of candidate. Obama will not go down in history next to Martin Luther King Jr. and I despise any attempts. For those who say he is trying his best, you are too empathetic towards the person who won the Nobel Peace Prize and then proceeded to bomb Libya and pass this god forbidden act and I am sincere with those words without any intention of humiliation, rather a demand for empathy. We are the new generation, and my erudition alone will not suffice.

on Jan. 10 2012 at 9:48 am
well lets all give a big round of applause to Lenah because it would appear that somebody actully does have a brain

on Jan. 10 2012 at 9:45 am
OBOMA! is a horrible president. lolz

on Jan. 10 2012 at 9:41 am
hey Anonymous504 how did you sustain such a massave head injury when you were a young kid

on Jan. 10 2012 at 9:36 am
then your parents are foolish

on Aug. 4 2011 at 11:10 am
custerrocks BRONZE, Aurora, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 6 comments
BS. Obama is to blame, because he is a horrible president. But you are right that Obama is trying... to destroy America. And McCain is a RINO so he really isn't all that conservative.

on May. 26 2011 at 5:58 pm
Jasmine7 BRONZE, Cecil Lake, Other
1 article 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Maya Angelou

Good job, good researcxh, good structure, however I would advise you start some of your parahraphs with words other than "McCain" and focus a little less on his flying career- sure, that was great, but in a way so what? does he has the other side of being Pres, such as inspiring, fair, and fiscally responsible? If he does, show reasons.

balanced said...
on Apr. 19 2011 at 8:57 am
I agree with everything said here. Obama did not live up to what he promised the lower middle class which is the majority nationwide. He provides trillion dollar bailouts to banks , the federal reserve bank and not the regional ones, he passed the patriot act which he spoke out against, He is increasing the federal government , and the reason for which I hate Obamacare is that it is socialist , it frightens me to think a USA in which the government can ration your healthcare , it is a tool , i beleive everyone must receive a decent healthcare , if this were so , it should be state level , he spoke out against nafta , now he is the biggest spporter of free market (good ) but in a radical sense he is permitting the whole country to be run by wall street interest...if i would have known he was such a schmuck I as a coservative would have voted for him , but in other respects he is tramping the constitution