Barack Obama for President | Teen Ink

Barack Obama for President MAG

Every time an election rolls around, people want to know what each candidate’s stance is on the issues that are important to them. Now that I can vote, I am much more interested in the ­political race. In deciding which candidate I want to vote for, there are two main issues for me: the econ­omy and education.

These issues are important to me because they ­affect me the most right now. The economy affects everyone, and education is important because I am about to enter college. When I looked at how each candidate views these issues, one man stood out to me, and that is Democratic candidate Barack Obama.

I like all of Senator Obama’s ideas for improving the economy. He wants to bring the troops home from Iraq, thereby saving the $12 billon we spend there each and every month. Another point that ­Obama makes is that the United States’ current ene­rgy policy is hurting the economy. He ­believes that if new energy bills are passed, it will help the U.S. get out of its current economic slump, and I agree. Finally, Obama plans to eliminate millions worth of tax cuts for those who do not need them. With these ideas and strategies, I strongly ­believe that Obama can improve the current state of the economy.

Obama also has a plan to improve education. He believes that we need to start educating children at a young age. His plan, Children’s First Agenda, addresses early education. He also hopes to close the gap of achievement between students, which means improving schools that need help. He wants to pay teachers more and treat them like professionals, but in exchange he calls for higher accountability.

Obama also has a plan to make ­college more ­affordable. He wants public colleges to be free for students who maintain a “B” average during high school. And he plans to give a $4,000 tax credit for college and university students who complete 100 hours of community service each year. I believe these ideas to improve education are top-notch and will help many students in the United States.

Obama has many good ideas relating to the issues I care about, and I like what he has to say. Therefore, there is no longer any doubt in my mind who will be receiving my vote: Barack Obama.

Alexxx said...
WOW Kitty Obama didnt become president until yesterday and you posted the comment

TheVoice said...
Totally agree! Yeah, we may lose some things, but we will gain much more. In this big econamic crisis we're in he really is the thing we need. Of course, the whole race issue has caused some conflict, but it's about time America looked past that and focus on what he can do instead. What most peolpe don't get is that, now that he is president, we are going to need to play our role in this epic recovery. LIke, we can't just sit back and think, "Oh, thank god. He's president. He'll fix everything."

No, we have to get up and help. He's only one man and he can't fix the whole nation alone

Also, I don't think the terrorists are going to come over here. I mean, they really didn't want us there in the first place. We need to focus more on saving America. We can work on fixing the rest of the world later...

Rise said...
I am very scared on your points, you beleive that if the troops come back well save our money, that might be true, but if the troops aren't in Iraq and Iran, the terrorists WILL come back to haunt us, and I think you know what i mean by that people. Also, if we make schools less expensive, the schools will run out of buisness because of low payment. And shouldn't we let the states handel their own school programs?

I sooo agree with you. It's going to help our country so much now that Obama is president. He is going to be the best president we've had in a long time. Experience or no experience, McCain isn't fit.

on Dec. 15 2008 at 9:47 am
Please tell me that most of you are under the age of nine???!!?? Or that you did not go to school because your spelling is really poor. Hopfully Obama will get you all educated properly.

SCHOOLROCKS said...
my family is demcrat but this year I THINK THAT MCCAIN SHOULD OF WON( even if he is replikin I DONT LIKE HOw HE PICK AS VP BUT MCCain whould be a great presindint

kitty said...
I think you are right. So far he has been a good president. I think the teacher's should get the same amount of money as they do now.

poopoo said...
u rox man!!!

i was not for obama at all at first i was for ron paul, but then i turned when mccain he had alot of good points but obama if you didnt know is friends with terroist!!! i am very scared when obama enters the white house , i feel that something bad will happen!!! why would you what a person that is friends terroist in office!! come on now he is saying that he is going to take away our guns why in the world would you want someone to take your guns!!!

wondergrl95 said...
OBAMA!!!! The white house is headed for a new direction. I am so happy, my mom cried when she heard the news. I have never been that involved in a presidential election, and I can't even vote yet!

lil b. said...
on Nov. 14 2008 at 12:38 am
OBAMA is our 1st African American President of the United States of America! I went for him and he won, he did a good job on his speech, which I thought was a good one. GO OBAMA and good luck! WOOOOO!Pr

lil b. said...
on Nov. 14 2008 at 12:35 am
i went for obama because i thought he would be an alright person to be president. plus, he is the 1st african american president here in the U.S. of AMERICA! GO OBAMA!!! he is doing good deeds for people who need good needs.Pr

gal4obama said...
on Nov. 6 2008 at 12:01 am
Obama is our president now! and I think that is the best possible thing for our country-...we are now in two wars, in the worst financial situation since the Great Depression, millions are homeless, millions of educated people can't afford college, the environment is in a horrible state..etc...OBAMA WILL CHANGE ALL THAT! He is going to turn around our economy and end the war in Iraq. I am so happy that he won the election.

homeschooler said...
on Nov. 1 2008 at 2:23 am
ok. so i am all for obama. thats who my parents are voteing for. he would be the the perfect president if it wernt for this one thing. educating childeren at a young age. i have been raised, and everyone i know has been raised, to learn your math, sience, spelling, ect, when you think you are ready. you see, i didnt learn how to read and write till i was nine, beacaus thats when i wanted to learn. two months later, i was an edvanced reader for my age. i was home schooled. lots of peopol think that home schoolers dont get good education. its soooo not true! my freind aili gose to public school. she is the same age as me, and i'm a better reader then her. there was this group of home schoolers (not me) and they were about 12. they new nothing of math. their parents told them that when they were ready to learn math, thats when they would. when they wre ready, they went through 6 grades of math in one year. THEY WERE HOME SCHOOLERS!!!! if you force childeren to be educated at a young age, you are going to be raising an unhappy child, belive you me. at my school, well not exatly a school. ok this is what my school is. my mom started this school, where the teachers ollney teach some of the math, sotial studies, ect. we just help the parents home school their childern, so they dont have to do it all them selves. we are VARY carefull the way we educate the childeren. well i dont, i'm not a teacher i'm a student.... anyway.... at my school, we dont teach the math untill they are 6. dont get me wrong, once again i like obama, and my family is voteing for him. he hasnt thought about it much, so soon he will realize thats not the best idea. i just wanted to make my piont... not that meny peopol seem to be botherd by that but i am not happy at all with that idea. but i dont like the war ether. the war is a biger problum then that.

bagpiper said...
Sorry; I am not convinced of obama's presidential worthiness or economic thriftiness. Obama has spent wasteful amounts of money on his campain. If he really cared about people in our country; then he could give money to our neighbors who are losing their homes and are in other such crises. McCainj has pledged not to spend over 85,000; that's why we don't see too much of him. McCain has my vote.

on Oct. 27 2008 at 12:09 am
Hm. I do like most of his plans, ideas, and beliefs. Only one thing I don't like; 'Spreading the Wealth.' That's very unfair to very successful people. As for just about everything else, I agree. As for what Obama4President said: Yeah, most of us probably arent eligible to vote. We're teenagers. Lol. Some of us do understand politics believe it or not; I'm 13, and I know the two arguments and stand points on the important issues regarding both candidates. It's just as important to us as to adults dude. =/ This article does adress the issues, just not in great detail, and it's expressing why this guy thinks Obama is right for president. No need to adress countless issues, when he's just expressing his feelings towards Obama's stand on the issues that matter to him. I agree that he'll be better, ultimately. Ah, great article. I hope Obama becomes president too. =P

bookworm013 said...
It would be more helpful if you could compare the two-there are good and bad points in both campaigns, and I also feel that your article only adressed your needs.

bagpiper said...
Sorry; I am not convinced of Barack Obama's presidential worthiness and economic thriftiness. Obama refused to sign a pledge when he was nominated as the Democratic candidate to limit donations to his prsidential campaign. McCain did and that is why you don't see too much of him. Obama will end up spending more than 150 million in ads and such that is all donated. That does not show me proper financial management on his part. Obama could give that money to people across our country who need it, if he really cares. McCain has my vote.

on Oct. 22 2008 at 12:16 am
What he says may sound, but we must NOT hand over the United States to the democrats! It would be a big mistake. I'm not FOR McCain, I don't like either one of them. But if I could vote, I would vote for McCain, so that the country will be in a republican's hands.

on Oct. 21 2008 at 1:19 am
Vote for HOPE!!!