Hurricane Sandy: Seaside Heights Residents React to MTV's Relief Initiative | Teen Ink

Hurricane Sandy: Seaside Heights Residents React to MTV's Relief Initiative

By taylorrrshaww BRONZE, Holmdel, New Jersey
taylorrrshaww BRONZE, Holmdel, New Jersey

MTV has recently announced that they will be holding a fundraiser within a month, for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. All the donations will go towards "Restoring the Shore." As most people know, MTV's popular series, Jersey Shore, has been filmed in the city the past four seasons, and MTV wants to do anything they can to help. I think MTV is really showing how much they appreciate the town. Seaside heights was where Jersey Shore made their big break, and they want to do everything they possibly can to rebuild the town. Seaside Heights was devastated from the storm, and some people lost everything. The roller coaster is in the ocean, the whole boardwalk is gone and people's homes are completely destroyed. In some reports, Seaside was considered uninhabitable because all the plumbing, water and gas systems are destroyed. I wish the best of luck to the fundraiser, and all the residents who were effected by the storm in Seaside.