Where Justice and Humanity Conflict

I watched the youtube video of Gaddafi’s death. As a human rights supporter, a democracy-lover, and an onlooker to the sickening power that Gaddafi exercised over his people, I’m the first to agree that Gaddafi deserved immediate death. What happens now, in the 21st century, in the Arab world frequently keep me up at night, with pity and a healthy amount of guilt. And we don’t even have the full picture, only the bits of information we can scrounge up, because the tyrants rule the media, too. The situation is simply heart-breaking.

Although all that is true, and although I pity the great number of people who have suffered because of Gaddafi, the inhumane torture he was put through makes me cringe. He was tied to a car and dragged—alive—through the city, being spit on and kicked and punched all the way.
What possible humiliating, hurtful experiences could these revolutionists have gone through to turn them from human beings into people who are capable of such absolute hate that they can commit such an act?

Most of us, I believe, live in democratic countries and most of us, I pray, have enough food on our plates. I, personally, cannot fully comprehend what pain on a day-to-day basis feels like. I cannot comprehend what it feels like to be treated like dirt, or to be thought of as simply insignificant. The problem with our world is that there are people who can comprehend it, and who live with it.

We, as the next generation of the world, have to strive to bring fairness, equality, and justice to the world. Justice and humanity should not contradict one another, they should complete one another!

IntrepidRoseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Friend, you and I speak the same language. I love your last paragraph. Our Generation must and hopefully will start a peaceful revolution in the way people think and act. Writing can be one of our greatest weapons. Feel free to check out a piece I wrote a few months back. It's called A Peaceful Revolution.