Osama bin Laden

A few months ago, it was all over the news about the death of bin Laden. Most people are happy about this and have gone on to celebrate the United States 'victory'. But in my honest opinion, I don't think there is any real reason to celebrate. The truth is, just because he's dead doesn't mean that the war is over. There ARE others out there who think like him - that's awful, but true. Now is definitely not the time to bring our troops home because people who sided with Osama might try to pull something off out of anger over his death. And second, a sinner's entry into eternal damnation is NEVER a cause for celebration. Ezekiel 18:23 says, "Do I take any pleasure in the death of the wicked? Declares the sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when they turn from their ways and live?” What bin Laden was involved in was a terrible thing, but when did Jesus ever say that murderers should be executed? Something my youth pastor posted on Facebook stuck with me. He said, "What if a watching world saw committed Christians weeping over Osama's death, not that he didn't deserve justice, but that he didn't understand God's grace through Christ's love sacrifice?". The fact that he missed out on God's love and grace is no reason to celebrate. Christians should never celebrate the death of anyone, but just be glad that the shedding of innocent lives has stopped.

nikkigonefishin said...
I agree with you. As short as your article is, the content of it is worth alot. Thank you for writing this and not being afraid to disagree with the death of bin Laden.