Is Protection of speech really protecting | Teen Ink

Is Protection of speech really protecting

By SadarieJones SILVER, Newark, Delaware
SadarieJones SILVER, Newark, Delaware

Team work makes dreams work

There are things you can say and things you cant say without getting in trouble with the law.There are also speeches that are protected and some that aren't protected. Bullying and harassing a person is not a protected freedom of speech but holding a rally and creating a petition are protected.
Your rights stop when you violate someone else's rights.So, if u are a Jehovah witness you can tell people about your religion and hand out information but you cannot go up to them and beat them up for not wanting it.

Voicing your opinion is OK but some times you just shouldn't .Awhile ago there was a group of people who went to veterans funerals and they would say bad things about the veterans and about how they died because they were sinful and because they were gay .These were things the grieving families did not want to hear. But people because of freedom of speech they could not be stopped.In a way I see it as harassment.They are basically terrorizing the grieving families that is a very heartless thing to do.

on May. 14 2011 at 8:07 pm
SadarieJones SILVER, Newark, Delaware

Team work makes dreams work

I think people's speech should hav a little more of a guidle bcz it can rly hurt plz feelings even if it is someones opinion

on May. 14 2011 at 6:35 pm
TheHangingGirl BRONZE, Winter Haven, Florida
1 article 1 photo 250 comments

"Poets utter great and wise things that they themselves can not comprehend."

I agree with you.