Helpless Captives Of The Zoo. | Teen Ink

Helpless Captives Of The Zoo.

By areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” – William B. Sprague

A zoological garden-a place where animals are kept to be studied, conserved and displayed. You may find a majority of people, most of which are parents of young children and commercially orientated people encouraging the idea of zoos, but because I am a nature loving person and I also have intense interest in zoology, I confidently present the seemingly contradictive face of the public zoos.
Let me first ensure to acknowledge you that I am strictly against animal lock-ups. I am, quite alot of times, persuaded to think about the value of a zoo. Is it to satisfy the human curiosity? to entertain? or to educate? Oh yes! educate. As far as my believes are concerned, I think education should be a source of turning the mirrors into windows not the other way round! In simple words, education makes one selfless rather than being more selfish.
I vividly remember my last visit to a zoo, though the animals were all healthy, there was only one problem...the big bars that limit the locomotivity of the poor creatures. This is the only reason why I support the existence of safari parks rather than typical zoos (most of which do not even provide necessary needs of the animals) The animals in a safari park can be protected, wander and feel independent yet giving all the benefits of a typical zoo.
In the end I would request the managers of the zoos to put themselves in their captives shoes before taking up their responsibility. Wildlife is no business it is an independent ethnic group we all are accountable to take care of.

Is it okay to have the existence of zoo in a civilized society?

on Jun. 3 2011 at 2:50 am
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thanx Garnet77!

For your appreciation and constructive critism!

on Jun. 2 2011 at 10:12 pm
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

I can tell from reading that you feel strongly about this, but to reiterate what other people have said, more facts would have justified your position a lot more. Also, I caught one mistake with 'believes' instead of 'beliefs', though it's not too big deal. And like CarrieAnn13, I don't completely agree with your viewpoint, though I see where you're coming from. It's still really good, and your punctuation and grammar is perfect, unlike some other pieces I've seen. Overall, good job :)

on Jun. 2 2011 at 5:09 am
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thank you for your compliment and tips! I'll definitly consider them in my next article. 

Greatly Appreciated,

areebaization.

on Jun. 1 2011 at 8:58 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

This is a fairly good first article.  Maybe you should have provided a bit more facts to back up your position, but otherwise, it's pretty good.  I can't say I 100% agree with your viewpoint, but I recognize you are a fairly good writer.  Good job!

on Jun. 1 2011 at 6:50 am
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thanx Anemoene!

I really appreciate Your feedback. Both positive and negetive.

However I feel that You must know that this was an Opinion giving article not an arguementative aticle. Now this is no place to differenciate between both of them, however for your knowledge let me tell you that One has to be biased with one side of the issue in opinion giving essay/article(as it is YOUR opinion).

And I also feel that you should have taught twice before expressing your view of animal lock up! Pandon me saying that, but, I really felt it was PATHETIC! no hard feelings! 

your feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you again,

areebaization.