Helpless Captives Of The Zoo. | Teen Ink

Helpless Captives Of The Zoo.

By areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

“Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.” – William B. Sprague

A zoological garden-a place where animals are kept to be studied, conserved and displayed. You may find a majority of people, most of which are parents of young children and commercially orientated people encouraging the idea of zoos, but because I am a nature loving person and I also have intense interest in zoology, I confidently present the seemingly contradictive face of the public zoos.
Let me first ensure to acknowledge you that I am strictly against animal lock-ups. I am, quite alot of times, persuaded to think about the value of a zoo. Is it to satisfy the human curiosity? to entertain? or to educate? Oh yes! educate. As far as my believes are concerned, I think education should be a source of turning the mirrors into windows not the other way round! In simple words, education makes one selfless rather than being more selfish.
I vividly remember my last visit to a zoo, though the animals were all healthy, there was only one problem...the big bars that limit the locomotivity of the poor creatures. This is the only reason why I support the existence of safari parks rather than typical zoos (most of which do not even provide necessary needs of the animals) The animals in a safari park can be protected, wander and feel independent yet giving all the benefits of a typical zoo.
In the end I would request the managers of the zoos to put themselves in their captives shoes before taking up their responsibility. Wildlife is no business it is an independent ethnic group we all are accountable to take care of.

Is it okay to have the existence of zoo in a civilized society?

on Jul. 22 2011 at 4:28 pm
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thank you for commenting and expressing your opinion julian!

on Jul. 22 2011 at 4:27 pm
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

...Exactly! 

on Jul. 22 2011 at 4:26 pm
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thank you rosa!

julian GOLD said...
on Jul. 19 2011 at 11:03 am
julian GOLD, Eugene, Oregon

The goal is not about living forever, the goal is about creating something that can.

I agree with you, but I have seen some improvement in zoos. Nowadays, zoos are being made into places of rehabilitation for the animals, and education for us. But zoos that don't do that should be shut down for sure. Great work!

on Jun. 19 2011 at 7:20 pm
rosawrites BRONZE, Lexington Ky, Kentucky
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

"Go Hard, or Go Home!"

This is very good! I never thought  about this topic until reading this piece! I totally agree! You've got a very convincing voice in your writing! Keep it up!

on Jun. 15 2011 at 11:41 pm
really nice one! animals must be kept in their correct places!

on Jun. 10 2011 at 5:44 am
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thank you!

on Jun. 10 2011 at 4:23 am
decievinghimesama SILVER, Cebu, Other
I know right... animals should be placed at their right homes... I mean who would want to be locked up? I like it... good article though there are some errors♥

on Jun. 7 2011 at 10:18 am
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

You're more than welcome!!!! :))

on Jun. 7 2011 at 10:18 am
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

You're welcome!!!!! :))

on Jun. 7 2011 at 4:24 am
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thank you for the suggestions!

on Jun. 7 2011 at 4:22 am
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thank you for the motivation!

on Jun. 6 2011 at 7:29 pm
MollyDoubleU BRONZE, Minooka, Illinois

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - The Great Gatsby

There were several grammatical errors, and I agree that you need more facts. Other than that, I enjoyed reading this piece.

I agree with some parts of your article. I grew up in Indianapolis, and the zoo there is fantastic. The animals appear healthy and happy, and they are well taken care of. However, I have heard of some zoos that seriously neglect their animals. I believe that this topic varies depending on what zoo you go to, and where.

Overall, a very interesting article. Nice job :)

on Jun. 6 2011 at 7:18 pm
WritingSpasms, Los Angeles, California

"Devils run when a good man goes to war."
- River Song from Doctor Who (Ep. A Good Man Goes to War)

I'm actually in the middle on this one. Animal lock-ups do protect us from getting into the personal space of anything territorial, but sometimes I can't help but wonder if they get that "caged" feeling at times. As for education, I believe safaris provide a much better experience, but most people choose to go to a zoo out of conveniency and mimimal expense. BUT I do see where you're getting at! This is very well written. :)

on Jun. 6 2011 at 3:20 pm
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thank you JoPepper!

on Jun. 6 2011 at 3:14 pm
JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

Safari parks would be nice if there was enough natural habitat.  I can't pick whether zoos are bad places or not I'm kind of middleground on that subject but I see your point!  I liked it it was very well written, I didn't notice any mistakes though!!! Good job!!! keep on writing! ;))

on Jun. 4 2011 at 9:48 am
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thank you NavishJ.!

Could you be more specific about the grammatical mistakes?

It'll be a great help!

Greatly appreciated!

SJ_101 said...
on Jun. 3 2011 at 4:57 pm
SJ_101, Somewhere, New York

I totally agree with you. :)

However, I found that there were quite a few grammatical errors. Also, you should have provided more facts to back up your opinion.

Other than that, it was very good for your first article. :) Keep writing! 

on Jun. 3 2011 at 1:44 pm
areebaization BRONZE, Dammam, Other

Thank you Amna.

It's just opinion, anyone can differ in an opinion. Good to hear that someone's view matches mine!
happy writing,

areebaization!

Amna. BRONZE said...
on Jun. 3 2011 at 12:11 pm
Amna. BRONZE, Dammam, Other
Gr8 one areeba.. i do suport ur view :)