Have You Ever Felt Lonely? | Teen Ink

Have You Ever Felt Lonely?

By LebanesePenguin BRONZE, Centennial, Colorado
LebanesePenguin BRONZE, Centennial, Colorado

Have you ever felt like you have no place to go? No one that loves you? No one to comfort you? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you know exactly how homeless people feel.

Homeless people were just like everyone else in our society. But rents, bills, etc., have taken those less fortunate down a dreary path. They do not have enough money to pay, so they get kicked out of their homes and end up on the streets. A majority of those homeless people have families to take care of. But they have no money and cannot find a job in this economy. In this weather, many people become sick, especially those spending most of their time in the streets and outside. Homeless people are the greater part of these people and they cannot pay for the medicine.

We all need to come together to help homeless people. Most of have items that we could donate. Even a can of beans could help them. My family and I are not the richest people in the world but instead of throwing away the clothes that don’t fit us and are gently used away we donate them. We also donate food and miscellaneous items. You can too!

Many older and younger homeless people go out into the streets and ask for money. Have you ever given them money? I know that I would not because they use our money and save it up. Once they have enough money, they go buy drugs and alcohol.

We need to help those less fortunate by donating to shelters and not to the people in the streets. Don’t put your self in the same pain by following them but by being an influence. We need to help our society.