So Many Loopholes, We See Right Through The Truth | Teen Ink

So Many Loopholes, We See Right Through The Truth

November 15, 2010
By savingsavannah SILVER, Rainsville, Alabama
savingsavannah SILVER, Rainsville, Alabama
6 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Life is a painting. Throw all the paint you can at it.


Exceptions ,exceptions , excuses ,excuses. Are they not one in the same? Last night I was watching the world news, and actually learning something outside of school, I heard about this thing called "fracking". It is big oil companies digging into the ground beneath lakebeds and drilling for oil. No big deal, more oil for America, the better the economy, right? But did you not know that this economic change is perhaps at the expense of innocent peoples lives? You see, when this "fracking" occurs, the oil that they procure sometimes leaks into the water of the lake, contaminating it with potentially harmful substances. The very same water in which is a major source of water for local residents. This being so, the contaminated water is the drinking water for hundreds, perhaps thousands of people. Later, they find cancer that has resulted from the water in the residents. People have DIED because of this. Yet, upon further investigation, it is considered legal due to a small "loophole" that was found. They did NOT follow proper safety regulations, they did not investigate the possibility of possible toxics, and people are dying, and yet they are not being punished because of a "loophole"? It is outrageous and inhumane. I do not believe that these loopholes are needed, and yet we find them everywhere in politics, schools, and at home. We have so many loopholes that we see right through the truth. We are walking on thin ice with situations such as this, and any small difference on our part may change the world. So find the truth through those loopholes, and maybe we can make the world a better place.


The author's comments:
I dislike when situations like this occur, and if my voice is the only one anyone hears, then so be it.