Why America Should Help Israel

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

Treefiddy said...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 4:32 am

Israel did not start the war, it is trying to survive amongst a sea of hatred and an ideology which is rooted in the third century. They are surrounded by countries whose greatest endeavor is the destruction of the J.ewish state. The president of Iran, a J.ewish hating, H.olocaust denying madman, who is actively trying to acquire a nuclear weapon, called Israel a stinking corpse. The people who follow this ideology must be destroyed, because they have no fear of death, and they will ... (more »)

joecool101 replied...
Oct. 1, 2010 at 6:27 am
I totally agree! Thanks for commenting!

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
To respond to the considerably passionate Threefiddy: your hatred of terrorists and supposed enemies will only make them more powerful and dangerous. Such negative feelings have kindled energy in terrorists.

I confess myself intimidated by you.

joecool101 replied...
I don't totally agree; if we don't publicize the need to hold back terrorism, no one will. Secondly, the main point was to help Israel. Not to wage war on terrorism, but to get protection from it.

Treefiddy replied...

@Thesilentraven

What I'm saying is that the men who strap dynamite to themselves and blow up innocent people are not worthy of life. Those who use women and children as human shields do not deserve life. These terrorists are not human. They murder and torture innocent people. Israel has not only an obligaion, but a duty to eradicate these barbarians.

I would never condone harming an innocent. I find it odd that you think I'm the one you think should be feared.

I know, I know (sigh). Terrorism should be held back, but there are better methods than violence, my friend. Hatred of an enemy will protect no one from anything. It's fine to protect Israel, though. That's a good thing.

joecool101 replied...
I agree, but sadly violence is the only protection against them.

Tango replied...
What makes you think terrorists are in Palestine?  They are innocent people!

joecool101 replied...
Terrorists are not only in Palesstine; they are in each and every country around the world... including Palestine, and they HAVE to be dealt with.

Treefiddy replied...
Oct. 9, 2010 at 12:46 am

Not forgetting that Palestine has fired tens of thousands of rockets into Israel.

I hope you realize the extreme restraint that Israel is exercising when dealing with these dogs. If Israel wanted to, they could turn every country surrounding it into the world's largest icing rink. Israel has one of the strongest militaries in the world and it has shown heroic restraint from unleashing the hell that it could with the full force of its military might. I fear what Iran is provoking the Un... (more »)

tenroub said...
not to be too bold, but i think the member of this conversation are under the impression that palestine existed as a rightful and independent state. well, it didn't. palestine existed for less than 26 years, never more than a british colony. (they took it from the ottomans in 1922). the british had every right to give it away, just as america can give away Guam or Puerto Rico, and when they granted it independence, it immediately gained the rights of a country. for instance, if you try and kil... (more »)

joecool101 replied...
Thank you. Everything you write in this comment us 100% true.