Why America Should Help Israel

I think that the U.S. should give help and support to Israel, because Israel is suffering from terrorism. Israel doesn’t have a lot of money, space, or power to control terrorist territories that are much bigger, more powerful, and extremely aggressive.

The U.S needs to help other countries. The main reason for this is that America is a rich and powerful country. Also, since America is fighting terrorism itself, it would be much more comfortable for the United States to help Israel at same time.

Some people believe that Israel is not being fair to its surrounding countries, I disagree completely. Israel recently gave Gaza to one of the Arab countries bur it is now using it to attack Israel. Although Israel started the war, Gaza is being controlled by terrorists. I think that it’s the right thing to start an anti-terrorism (to protect southern Israel) operation particularly [in this case] Hamas.
Read more in Opinions

Can you imagine everyday people are worrying that a rocket will fall on their roofs? People go around in worry; afraid of an attack. Nothing can be done without a worry. (An attack warning is no surprise.) The United Nations is around the globe, and if this was the top priority in their meetings, Israel would regain control of itself (especially because America is one of the most important countries in the United Nations). Therefore I think that the American government should help Israel.

A.Pride said...
yesterday at 2:49 am
Israel is “suffering from terrorism”? Excuse me for saying so, but do you have your head on backwards or something?!! How is it that a nation who only sought independence from the tyrannical British in the past, and is now attempting to gain their rightful Land from the Israelis, considered a “terrorist nation”? Why is it that children and teenagers who are fighting with mere stones are considered “terrorists”, while GROWN MEN driving around in military vehicles and using lethal wea... (more »)

Chin-Chin said...
Mar. 11 at 2:11 pm
Arguably Israel has the most ethical military on the face of the world. Literally before they sent missile IN SELF DEFENSE against Palestine they literally told all the civilians in the area to evacuate before hand. Compare this to all the secret tunnels that were made by Palestine in order to enact terrorist attacks on the civilians of Israel. Anyways, I also think that we should be sending more support to Israel, literally who else do you think would help us in the area? Would it be Iran? Afg... (more »)

joecool101 replied...
May 26 at 8:58 pm
Very right, Chin-Chin! Thanks for the support!

deadendstreet86 said...
Jan. 25 at 3:04 pm
Great article! It had many good points.

joecool101 replied...
May 26 at 8:59 pm
Thanks so much!

m-ashreader said...
Absolutely, we should stay with Israel! Don't be so naive to think that Israel is just some little country cowing from the terrorists surrounding it. They are one of the most technological advanced country's in the world and have impressive weapons. That includes top secret nuclear power that no one knows much about. They're also not afraid to fight. Almost every Israeli citizen has been trained in the military whether they're a man or a women as it is a requirement. Also if you've ever vi... (more »)

Farhan M. said...
The US should not help anyone who does wrong on others, whether it be Israelis or Palestinians. Wrong is wrong. Check out my recent article further expanding on a part of this point. TeenInk.com/opinion/current_events_politics/article/813863/Islam-and-Modern-Peace/

Clinton_C. said...
Apr. 14, 2015 at 11:27 am
First of all America is NOT rich we are immensly in debt and we cannot help whoever asks for it and definitly NOT israel. My reason for this is that weve actually helped them before but they just came right up behind us and backstabbed us after we gave them weaponry to fight the terrorists. They litterally just sat there and gave up after we helped them even though they could have liberated Israel once and for all (Hopefully).

Clinton_C. replied...
Apr. 14, 2015 at 11:29 am
Oh and the proper term for a "Rocket" is either an artillary shell or a ballistic missile.

tenroub said...
not to be too bold, but i think the member of this conversation are under the impression that palestine existed as a rightful and independent state. well, it didn't. palestine existed for less than 26 years, never more than a british colony. (they took it from the ottomans in 1922). the british had every right to give it away, just as america can give away Guam or Puerto Rico, and when they granted it independence, it immediately gained the rights of a country. for instance, if you try and kil... (more »)

Hana R. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 3, 2015 at 1:24 am
Defining Palestine as an independent country is not the issue. The issue is that Britain gave away land that was not its own, land that had people living on it for centuries. You give the examples of Guam and Puerto Rico, colonies that were given independence, allowed to self-govern. Palestine was put under oppressive occupation by foreigners. You say "The British had every right to give it away." What? So the Palestinians were owned by the British? How is it right for Britain to give a colony l... (more »)

joecool101 replied...
May 26 at 9:10 pm
Let me respond point by point. In 1947 the UN voted to partition Palestine into a state for the Jews and a state for the Palestinians. The Jews gladly accepted, while the Palestinians rejected the offer. Instead, surrounding Arab countries declared war on the new-born state of Israel with complete destruction of the Jewish state as the stated goal. The Arabs failed. Thus, the Jews had a state while the Palestinians did not. Now, the Jews did not give up hope for a Palestinian state just because... (more »)

helloworld500 said...
You choose to ignore the fact that most of the deaths are Palestinian deaths. And that Palestinians homes were bulldozed by Israelis. And that Israel evidently needs no support in starving Palestine or keeping the upper hand in the fight. And that Britain had no right to give Israel Palestine anyway. AND that Palestinians were happy to live alongside Jews after WW2, but that wasn't an invitation to take over their land! What gives the Israelis the right to that land? They certainly didn'... (more »)

DjakobUnchained said...
I disagree sir. Israel is in no danger from Hamas terrorists thanks to it's infinately more powerful military and it's sophisticated defense technology including the Iron Dome which renders Hamas' rockets useless. Israel has the right to protect itself and the right to exist, but it does not have the right to murder defensless civilians and bomb UN schools. Israel has been forced to become a hard and militaristic country because of the  dangers and threats it faced when it was a... (more »)

joecool101 replied...
Oct. 10, 2014 at 11:59 am
6 Israeli civilians, including a 4-year-old child, were killed by Hamas rockets from Gaza.

DjakobUnchained replied...
Jan. 5, 2015 at 11:24 am
So 2,100 - 6 is an even fight? Have you seen how many kids have died in Palestine?

Apr. 8, 2015 at 1:10 am
Amen to that Djakob

joecool101 replied...
Maybe if Hamas hadn't hidden its women and children behind military targets, the civilian casualties would have been smaller.

A.Pride replied...
yesterday at 2:56 am
That's SO ignorant! How would you like it if you were forcefully chucked out of your own home? @joecool101 Think about it, as soon as you're rid of the British, the U.N. decides (FOR YOU) that the Jews (whom no country wanted to take in in the first place) can kick you and your family out and live in your home instead of you? You'd be pleased, wouldn't you?