Could this law be anymore criminal?

I watch the news at 6 pm. They have the camera pointed to a group of people, yelling. With mouth open, yelling harsh names. I feel sick to my stomach. To watch human beings, people who are suppose to have a heart and brain,be so cruel.
My eyes travel to my mother that is trying to stand up to my lazy uncle. He's laying on the couch, as always. Lazily, he sits up, as if that makes him any more human. Before my mother can even get a fit words out, he screams out his opinion. Getting louder and louder, and my mother standing her guard. She's not letting him win. Not this argument.
Arizona has issues the law that if you look illegal, then the police are allowed to search you. My mother is getting deported in a month. I've been calm throughout all this. The eight months of fighting the law, of getting ready for the worst, and degrading goodbye. All this, and now she's leaving. Sadly, this is a relief for both of us. The feeling of no more fighting, and no more worries. It's all uphill from now on. Or so we thought.
Here comes my uncle, all might and tall. He believes that the nawly painted law has its rights.
"If you were to learn english, Liliana, and be a true America, perhaps this wouldnt have happened."
He has no right. Considering the fact that he married my aunt, while she was illegal.
If we, as spanish talkers, are liable to speak english for the sake of Americans, why can't they talk spanish for us? There are more mexicans, peruvians, puerto ricans, ext, then there are Americans. Yet, they want us all gone? We run this so called, "Free" country. Of course, we get none of the credit.
Since we rather wear rags, then suits. Eat at home with families, then cheat on our wifes with our work. Since we stand tall, they all want to tear us down. That's what no one has been able to notice. We are all fighting with every muscle we got, to show what we're made us. To show our bravery, intelligance, and visionary. Since our skin is a bit tanner, we are worthless trash that should return to our countries. America is our country. Here is our couches, television, kitchens, and heart. We have such a vision of the perfection in a world. Getting thrown to the ground doesn't stop me. We get up, dust off our pants, and continue with our lives.
I have my life to show to the world. So while my uncle sits on the couch, thinking that everyone worships him, just because he's an American, i'm showing that im worth it. I will stand tall. Not for the Americans that watch me fall, but for every hispanic person out there. We can make it, and we will. No matter where we land, we will make our home.

MisplacedTexan14 said...
Yes we want you to speak English. America is an English speaking country. If you want to live in our country you should learn our language. Plus, Arizona's new law isnt bad. It only enforces immigration. Theres already a federal law that does the same thing! The police cant search you if you "look" illegal, they can only ask for identification if you have been pulled over or something for breaking ANOTHER law. No other country in the world has open borders, or just lets anyone come in. Why shoul... (more »)

MisplacedTexan14 replied...
What is wrong with being illegal? HELLO!!! You are illegal. Those who come here illegally show that from the start they have no respect for America's laws. if they want to come here so bad, they can do it legally! Also, you said that since I say you are wrong and you are hispanic, I'm discriminating. So, if you say I'm wrong and I'm white, does that make you discriminating against whites. i'm also a girl, so are you sexist? No. By saying i can't say you are wrong, just because of your skin color... (more »)

jacked_up_sharpie replied...
yes, illegally being here is BAD. but whats so bad about it? Why does it offend you sooo much?

MisplacedTexan14 replied...
What offends me about it is these people's complete disregard for my country's laws. They are breaking THE LAW!!!  Arizona's new law mirrors a federal law! A law that is ALREADY THERE!!!! It is bad because illegal immigrants are taking jobs of Americans and showing that they want to come to America, but not pay taxes, or abide by our laws, or be a real American. I love this country, when I'm old enough I want to serve in its military, and I don't like people breaking the law and coming here... (more »)

TxDragon replied...
Go MisplacedTexan!! I agree with you completely.  If these people loved and respected our country, they would abide by our amazing country's laws, and come to America the way our ancestors did: legally, and with every intention of leaving behind their old lilfe to become totally and completely an American who would stand by their country no matter what.