Could this law be anymore criminal? | Teen Ink

Could this law be anymore criminal?

By jacked_up_sharpie GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas
jacked_up_sharpie GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas

"Talk when you are angry, and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret."

I watch the news at 6 pm. They have the camera pointed to a group of people, yelling. With mouth open, yelling harsh names. I feel sick to my stomach. To watch human beings, people who are suppose to have a heart and brain,be so cruel.
My eyes travel to my mother that is trying to stand up to my lazy uncle. He's laying on the couch, as always. Lazily, he sits up, as if that makes him any more human. Before my mother can even get a fit words out, he screams out his opinion. Getting louder and louder, and my mother standing her guard. She's not letting him win. Not this argument.
Arizona has issues the law that if you look illegal, then the police are allowed to search you. My mother is getting deported in a month. I've been calm throughout all this. The eight months of fighting the law, of getting ready for the worst, and degrading goodbye. All this, and now she's leaving. Sadly, this is a relief for both of us. The feeling of no more fighting, and no more worries. It's all uphill from now on. Or so we thought.
Here comes my uncle, all might and tall. He believes that the nawly painted law has its rights.
"If you were to learn english, Liliana, and be a true America, perhaps this wouldnt have happened."
He has no right. Considering the fact that he married my aunt, while she was illegal.
If we, as spanish talkers, are liable to speak english for the sake of Americans, why can't they talk spanish for us? There are more mexicans, peruvians, puerto ricans, ext, then there are Americans. Yet, they want us all gone? We run this so called, "Free" country. Of course, we get none of the credit.
Since we rather wear rags, then suits. Eat at home with families, then cheat on our wifes with our work. Since we stand tall, they all want to tear us down. That's what no one has been able to notice. We are all fighting with every muscle we got, to show what we're made us. To show our bravery, intelligance, and visionary. Since our skin is a bit tanner, we are worthless trash that should return to our countries. America is our country. Here is our couches, television, kitchens, and heart. We have such a vision of the perfection in a world. Getting thrown to the ground doesn't stop me. We get up, dust off our pants, and continue with our lives.
I have my life to show to the world. So while my uncle sits on the couch, thinking that everyone worships him, just because he's an American, i'm showing that im worth it. I will stand tall. Not for the Americans that watch me fall, but for every hispanic person out there. We can make it, and we will. No matter where we land, we will make our home.

My mother is getting deported, and i have been quiet long enough.

Well, my parents and grandparents came here as well as immigrants. They learned english, they worked, pained taxes, and didn't ask the government to take care of them. They are have started everything their own, and will everything their own. So, if there was more illegal immigrants not being allowed to be here, then how would america have MORE people? What is so bad about being illegal? They bring no diseases, or anything else. And if you read about history, then you should have a sense about people. Not just AMERICA, but people in AMERICA. Illegal, or not. They're still people in America. And i stand up in school and say the pledge, because i am proud to be here. No matter if im not wanted.

MisplacedTexan14, Saratoga, California

"If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."- a Bumper Sticker
"If Obama was the answer, it was a stupid question." - Another Bumper sticker

I'm being politically correct? Really? Also, I'm not discriminating against you. I'm speaking what I believe, and if I'm not allowed to say what I believe because someone might be offended, there is something wrong. Also, the majority of Americans DO speak English.

I write what I see and think as well. Why do I have to bow my head down? And what do I need to learn about life? I know a lot about America. I was born here, grew up here, and love America more than anything. I study history, I know about the founding of America, and about all the immigrants who came to America, like my grandparents and great grandparents. The immigrants who came learned English, and did all they could to become part of the culture. They didn't ask to be taken care of by the government and allowed to never assimilate and learn the language. they became AMERICANS and loved America. This new law stops ILLEGAL immigration, so the people of Arizona can feel safer. Racial profiling is prohibited.

on May. 23 2010 at 10:15 am

And if you knew so much about America, then you should know the english is NOT the primary language. America doesnt have one, because of all the SPANISH, GREEK, CHINESE, and ENGLISH talking people.

on May. 23 2010 at 10:13 am

Of course. And it's not even the fact that i'm defending illigal immigrants. I'm NOT. I'm trying for everyone to see how bad it has to be for the people that ARE legal, and still have to be put through this. I mean, it's as bad as if they were to whip black people that aren't slaves. Our color does not imply what we are, or what we once were. It just implies that our parents were that color. Big Deal. Does everyone just want a big huge crayon to color themselves a different color of the day. NO.

on May. 23 2010 at 10:10 am

How about you? I'm writing about how american's discriminate against hispanics. And by saying that i'm wrong, because im hispanic, you are discriminating against me. Perhaps you can't see through my eyes, but trust me, there is someone out of there that can't see through yours. I write what i see, and think. You write what you think is politically correct. At least, when the time comes, i know that what i write, is an opinion. You should start learning how to bow your head down. Not just to respect others, but for once, figure something out about life.

MisplacedTexan14, Saratoga, California

Maybe you need to learn to read a law before you critisize it. The law prohibits racial profiling. Therefore it is not racist.

MisplacedTexan14, Saratoga, California

Learn what? How to be politically correct and not offend the minorities in any way?

Hoodie BRONZE said...
Hoodie BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

"Small minds think people, average minds think events, but great minds, like mine, think ideas"-unknown

o and this is the mexican version of the civil war era all over again. what up with that?

Hoodie BRONZE said...
Hoodie BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

dude thats hard. learn first, then post.

Hoodie BRONZE said...
Hoodie BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

Krazykathleen, YOUR the illegal immigrant! all white peoples are. The first people in America were indians with ,yes, DARK COLORED SKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoodie BRONZE said...
Hoodie BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

I feel ya. Dude this law is soooo freaking racist. People who support it would say that its not, thats its right. Its racist because its based on your looks. Its based on if you have dark skin or not. If you do, you get deported. What if Obama was driving in Arizona? A cop pulls him over. Looks at his skin from what he can see and calls border patrol and deports him. No one even looks at him because the white cops assume hes mexican and are "disgusted". What happens next? Obama sues this cop and its bye bye cop. This is already partly true. People are discriminating against their own president!!! Any who, i hate this law and what happened to your mom.

bluesky0728 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
Thank you, flaka! Someone understanding, finally!

flaka said...
well we should be free to walk around with out worring about no one watching us and thinking we are criminals WHEN THE MOST OF US DO MORE THINGS FOR THIS COUNTRIE THAN PEOPLE LIKE YOU DO! im not going to argue with you but i strongly disagree with you i know for a fact that if you where in this sitution which a lot of latinos stand on, you woulD change your opinon completely..

flaka said...
us as latinos, were strong. i loooveed your wrighting i agree with you. thank you so much for sharing. i really think that this is a racial issue because there are dominicans out there that look african american and they are illegal too, but i bet there not gonna be stoped but all we can do is stand strong and proud of who we are and what we have accomplished. Im sooo sorry about your mom :( 

saimne SILVER said...
saimne SILVER, Cerritos, California

I see humans, but no humanity.

many mexicans forget that they only reason this problem has risen is because mexico happens to be americas geographic neighbor. if mexico was disconnected like the other nations with emigrants coming here, ie the philippines or korea, then they would have to go through the legal process like everyone else. i am half filipino half mex so i have sympathy for both sides, but its not fair that all the mexicans get to cheat while my family is waiting in the philippines experiencing the same poverty...

bluesky0728 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
But "they" wouldn't pass that bill because "they" are mostly white. And they're arresting people with darker skin; my example was my sister's boyfriend. HE HAS DARKER SKIN! He's from Mexico, but he's a U.S. law-abiding citizen. Yet he could still be arrested because this law is racist!

lnvo97 GOLD said...
lnvo97 GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matthew 5:44

The new law is so... stupid!!! America is all about immagration, plus you dont find cops pulling over other races that could be illgeal, just the hispanics!!! although im not hispanic (im asian) i think is bitterly unfair!!! all everyone is doing about it is debating ang arguing, what good is that gonna do?!?!?!?!?!?!?! everyone is this counrty/their family was, an illegal immagrant/ was an immagrant so what the point of doing this?!?!?!?! one day we might even have a very first hispanic president, but that wont happen if Arizona keeps this up, and tries to convince other states....

krazykathleen BRONZE, Edwardsville, Illinois

"7/5 of all people do not understand fractions." -Unknown

Well then he should just carry his papers with him. And you wouln't be arrested because the people they're looking for are Hispanics who are illegal- those people are from Mexico and people are darker skinned there. The problem right now is with those people with darker skin, and I'm not being racist, that's just how it happens to be. It could be the same with people coming from Ireland, and are most of those people white? Yes! So if they passed a bill that pulled over Irish people on the highway, would that be considered racist? I bet not. So it has nothing to do with skin color!!!!! 

bluesky0728 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
And I'm not saying that illegal immigration shouldn't be stopped (even though I feel bad for those who must resort to that) but I'm saying that this isn't the way to go; it's just creating racism and conflict.

bluesky0728 SILVER, Phoenix, Arizona
If my sister's boyfriend (he's Mexican, and yes he's legal) happened to have a broken taillight and was pulled over, he COULD and probably WOULD be arrested if he didn't have his papers with him! But would I, a white Arizonan, be arrested for the same crime? No! Why? Because the Immigration Bill is racist!