American behavior"why" | Teen Ink

American behavior"why"

By *D!@mond* BRONZE, Covington, Georgia
*D!@mond* BRONZE, Covington, Georgia

*Your ability to do well is always a good thing,but your ability to succed in greatness is always left upon yourself*

Americans all over the nation are different in a variety of ways, but what has made our civilization forget about what our former leaders, and ancestors did and had to go through for the right of our independence and freedom. Have we forgotten about the soldiers who died defending the country, meant for the rights of others? Or are we all stuck in our own selfish minds.
The question is “why” do the people of the United States behave the way they do, and “why” have they missed the concept of unity. The only reasonable answer for this is citizens has not understood or heard the words of the previous leaders, and activists.
There once were people who cared for world peace, but how can we have peace anywhere else, if we cannot have unity in the one place that matters most. Someone once told me “charity starts at home”, and America is our home but in order for us to help everywhere else we have to teach ourselves the definition of peace and unity first. The country America is supposed to be one nation, but how can this be when gangs and racism still affects our civilization, and is being taught to the generations of the young people. The Declaration of independence says” all men are created equal”, but the citizens of America has forgotten because if that were so, there would be no killing, or violence among others whom someone loves or cares about.
Did the man who had a dream mean anything to us? Because his words and life were meant to bring the races together, and was meant for every person to become one. This wise man Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. once said “love.”, but we Americans seems to have left behind the concept of nonviolence.
To me many people have got the misapprehension of what human nature really is, but it is not natural, it is the lack of care for our nation and for the ones who live in it. having the short of respect for the country is like throwing trash or littering on the ground, for the reason that a variety of people seem to not care anymore, and that is how the country is being treated, like trash. Furthermore, our country was designed to stand as one and come together as a whole, but “Will” we let the crueltiy, brutality, hostility, and the recklessness take over our country. Peace is the key to come together as one, and in order to unite we have to open our eyes and see what really needs to be fixed. Our loyalty is to the country, as we all need to stay together and join as one.

I wrote this essay beacuse i felt as if americans has lost their respect for former leaders and activists.

biggerinfinities SILVER, Superior, Colorado

“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

i do agree with you , just not so severely. Yes, america nedds help, but we have a bright future, but only if we make the future bright ourselves

Shambler92 PLATINUM, Buenos Aires, Other
http ://www.teenink .com /opinion/current_events_politics/article/157625/MY-GENERATION-The-New-Youth-The-Building-of-a-New-World/

couldn't agree more with you. Lot of values are fading in nowadays youth. I wrote an article about it: http ://www.teenink .com /opinion/current_events_politics/article/157625/MY-GENERATION-The-New-Youth-The-Building-of-a-New-World/