What Will My Future Be? | Teen Ink

What Will My Future Be?

By CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I would like to know what future will I have when Pres. Obama is finished with our country? Will my children be able to call themselves free? Will they spend their lives paying for his decisions? When will his tirade end? I try to keep a positive perspective on things, but when I try to look into the future I see a country taken over, yes TAKEN OVER by a man who has so many communist beliefs that he takes away our freedom. I see America, the Banana Republic, the ordinary, enslaved,communistic country. I DO NOT want that to happen! I want my children to be allowed to live as long as is possible. I want the future children of America to always have food and a place to stay. I want them to be allowed to make as much money as possible and to do with it as they please. I don't want my children to grow old without ever experiencing a breath of free air. I do not want them to beg for food and to be enslaved to a government that no longer cares about "the people." I want them to live life in a free country. I want them to experience that thing every American soldier is fight- ing for and giving their lives for. I do not want them to go through life in America without knowing and experiencing the power of a certain waord. I want them to be able to stand and say, "I am PROUD to be an American! I AM FREE!" What if your children could not say that? How upset would you be? No, our freedom will not be taken away all at once, but it will be taken away quietly and piece by piece. I do not want the government to take away my freedom without a fight! We, as FREE American teenagers, need to take a stand and let Washington know that if they are not there "for the people" and to "represent the people" we will throw them out! We will not be enslaved! We ARE and forever WILL BE Free Americans! Now let's all stand up around the world and shout it as loud as we can! Praise God I'm free, and you won't take that away from me without a fight to the DEATH!!!

"I'm tired of our freedoms being slowly taken away through small things! I'm ready to make a difference and I want others to join me!

Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

Only that 40 percent of Americans pay NO federal income taxes, while the top 1 percent pays about 70 percent. You can keep smothering the private sector, but when the welfare system collapses, the "middle-class" collapses with it.

Read Atlas Shrugged.

lszyman96 said...
lszyman96, Romeoville, Illinois

" stay golden ponyboy"
-the outsiders

he also wants to raise taxes on the rich...but the rich own all the companies so they will find a way to pass it on to middle class and poor americans

lszyman96 said...
lszyman96, Romeoville, Illinois

" stay golden ponyboy"
-the outsiders

and now that EVERYONE must have healthcare demand shoots through the roof..which raises the cost of healthcare..and doesnt fix anything

lszyman96 said...
lszyman96, Romeoville, Illinois

" stay golden ponyboy"
-the outsiders

shes talking about the health care bill and all the money he spent trying to fix our economy...which by the way didnt work...just put us in more debt...and he is putting limits on health care for old people.......

on May. 31 2010 at 8:36 am
heatherthered BRONZE, 000, New Jersey

I am awesome

i think she exaggerated it put the next generations will literally be paying of the debt and taxes of this gerneration

fictionlover10 SILVER, Scottsdale, Arizona
First of all, it's global climate change. If you watched Al Gore's video you would know that not only is it real, but after our planet heats up because of all the CO2, it slides back into an ice age. Also, watch a video with an opposing viewpoint and you'll find no specific data to prove that our planet isn't changing. We need to stop debating whether it's real or not and what caused it and move on to how to fix it.

Ummm.... I'm very confused. How is Obama communist, how is he affecting the way your kids will grow up, and what has he done that takes away our freedom or enslaves us, or that will make us "beg for food" and not know a "breath of free air?" Back up your statements or stop writing about problems that don't exist.

Shannon_Bananon, Loveland, Ohio

About talking; why don't people ever think before they talk? It would save so much trouble; it would also save me from wanting to slap about half of the world's population.
~Fictional Character (Brilliant, but, sadly, fake.)

I'm feeling... confused. Can you explain more on why your kids can't be free because Obama is president? I don't see any evidence that backs up why it will be his fault that none of your wishes will happen.

izzycaseykat SILVER, Sacramento, California

"Life is a great teacher....unfortunately it kills all of it's pupils."

"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; " but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever say in my life!" ~Alice

Liberals do act human. There isn't much they do thats inhuman that conservatives don't do.

And what is that exactly?

on Apr. 2 2010 at 11:45 am
skywitch BRONZE, Salem, Massachusetts

~ A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it.~ Agent K
Men In Black

I agree with WriterFanatic. Its just based on opinion. It's like if someone's favorite color was blood red would you call them inhuman. How is our freedom being taken away? If anything I feel more free than anything now. I'm no longer ashamed to call myself an American.

DayofRain50 GOLD, Robbinsville, New Jersey
what has he said in speeches that have nothing to do with being president.

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

The reason they can harm us so easily is because they have such strong support among the locals. If we remove that support structure they can't hurt us so easily

NinjaOrange said...
on Mar. 20 2010 at 9:38 am
I do agree that many rich people give to charity, and pay taxes, and have earned their money. However, many are rich because they underpay the people below them in a business. Also, many businesses have paid less than $10 a year as their tax. Not little home-run businesses, but big ones. And hopefully, if you ask me about Global Warming in 50 years, hopefully it will have been halted. It doesn't matter if you believe in it or not, if you be green then you will have less worries, and global warming will stop. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU BELIEVE IN GLOBAL WARMING OR NOT, AS LONG AS YOU WORK TOWARDS THE GREEN GOAL.

MisplacedTexan14, Saratoga, California

"If you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them."- a Bumper Sticker
"If Obama was the answer, it was a stupid question." - Another Bumper sticker

They're still people who want to kill us. They're not as powerful but they can still harm us.

MisplacedTexan14, Saratoga, California

The rich already pay more! They have more money so they pay more. Its ALREADY like that. And just because someone makes a ton of money doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. At some point in their family, someone earned all that. And yes, the few people in the world who make a ton of money are the ones who pay the majority of th USA's taxes. Poor people barely pay any.

Oh yeah, I will look you up in 50 years and I'll ask you "Whatever happened to Global Warming?" SCIENTISTS are the ones who prove An Inconvenient Truth wrong. Look it up. The Earth may be getting warmer, but its a natural pattern. My class looked at charts showing the rise and fall of temps in the history of the earth. It goes down (ice ages) and then it goes up. Its has been hotter on earth than it is now. If you think I'm wrong, find the facts to prove me wrong.

scribblesinthecity BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York

'Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it.' -- George Santayana

how do you know your animal science teacher is right? and who exactly proved that An Inconvenient Truth was wrong? Saying "they" did isn't very specific; whose "they"? and just because there has been cold weather doesn't mean global warming doesn't exist. there will still be cold weather in the winter sometimes; its just that the summers will probably get hotter and either way the earth's ozone layers are still depleting. And in the future the US probably WILL be much hotter. in about 50 years if its not and everything is fine; then you can tell me im wrong. but for now i think global warming is real and serious; because if it wasn't why would so many people be making an effort to go green?

and PS: i generally think it makes sense that the rich should pay more in taxes, because they have enough money to do so and still get by. and i bet the people you talk about (the 10%) are probably the filthy rich who make billions of dollars a year; and i still doubt they pay 50% or more of the taxes in the country. but im not sure; maybe you should look it up and provide some evidence.

MisplacedTexan14, Saratoga, California

Did you know they proved a bunch of stuff in An Inconvenient Truth wrong? When my animal science teacher showed it to us he said he wanted to show us the extremes of what people believe and told us that most of the info was wrong, which is true. If Al Gore is right, whats with all the cold weather. And do not tell me thats part of global warming, because in Al's book, it shows a map of the future US and says that the US will be much hotter, not colder. Oh and PS, the rich already pay more in taxes. The more money you have, the more money you pay. The 10% of people who earn the most in our country pay like 50% or more of the taxes in the country or something like that.

you guys should watch this documentary called An Inconvenient Truth, by Al Gore. i would say it provides all the evidence and scientific proof that Global Warming is real and serious, that your asking for. Also; increasing taxes on the rich does not stop everyone from having an equal opportunity. Anyone can still become wealthy if they want to, it will just mean that they will have to pay a bit more in taxes; only because they have enough money to do so! i dont think thats so bad. and this is coming from a girl whose family is also considered "rich" by the Obama administration (even though i assure you, we are not that wealthy, not the wealthy you may think of). But my parents don't have too big of a problem with the higher taxes (at least not much more than anyone, rich or poor, would dislike taxes in general). I think this is because we know by our taxes being raised slightly, we are helping someone else out there who can barely make ends meet. and jeez people- there are PLENTY of rich democrats! and rich independents, and liberals and republicans, etc, alike! Republicans and conservatives aren't the only wealthy ones mind you, and im sure they're not the only ones who dislike the higher tax rates either.

and FlyLikeAnEagle94- could you provide some info on "NASA getting busted on changing their data"? im just curious because i never heard about that.

on Feb. 28 2010 at 1:39 am
WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

By Gandhi.

Liberals are human beings! For goodness sake why does no one understand this! Just because we disagree with conservatives does NOT make us inhumane or cruel. We are simply stating our opinion.