What Will My Future Be? | Teen Ink

What Will My Future Be?

By CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I would like to know what future will I have when Pres. Obama is finished with our country? Will my children be able to call themselves free? Will they spend their lives paying for his decisions? When will his tirade end? I try to keep a positive perspective on things, but when I try to look into the future I see a country taken over, yes TAKEN OVER by a man who has so many communist beliefs that he takes away our freedom. I see America, the Banana Republic, the ordinary, enslaved,communistic country. I DO NOT want that to happen! I want my children to be allowed to live as long as is possible. I want the future children of America to always have food and a place to stay. I want them to be allowed to make as much money as possible and to do with it as they please. I don't want my children to grow old without ever experiencing a breath of free air. I do not want them to beg for food and to be enslaved to a government that no longer cares about "the people." I want them to live life in a free country. I want them to experience that thing every American soldier is fight- ing for and giving their lives for. I do not want them to go through life in America without knowing and experiencing the power of a certain waord. I want them to be able to stand and say, "I am PROUD to be an American! I AM FREE!" What if your children could not say that? How upset would you be? No, our freedom will not be taken away all at once, but it will be taken away quietly and piece by piece. I do not want the government to take away my freedom without a fight! We, as FREE American teenagers, need to take a stand and let Washington know that if they are not there "for the people" and to "represent the people" we will throw them out! We will not be enslaved! We ARE and forever WILL BE Free Americans! Now let's all stand up around the world and shout it as loud as we can! Praise God I'm free, and you won't take that away from me without a fight to the DEATH!!!

"I'm tired of our freedoms being slowly taken away through small things! I'm ready to make a difference and I want others to join me!

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

Then what does our country need hmm? It's not bout what he claims to do. SInce he got into office, the economy hhas been (slow as it may seem to some) recovering. Relations with Europe have improved, and the war in Iraq is ending. But the thing is, you might think that we need a Republican in office who lowers our taxes. About the tax issue, this is our country, so we need to use our money to help our country. When something of yours breaks, don't you want to get it fixed? Same with our country.

FlyLikeAnEagle94 PLATINUM, Kingston, Pennsylvania

"I write about me because I know about me," by John Lennon.

Ok. I looked at all of these comments. "Oh stop your complaining" "Why don't you HELP Obama heal the country?". Those comments are dumb I think. I agree with you all the way. Don't listen to the many over the few. Sometimes the listening to the few yields better results than if you were to listen to the many. Keep that in mind.

How do you know that Obama is trying to do what he CLAIMS to be doing? The people that voted for him may have just blamed the Republicans because of Bush. Maybe it is that the people that voted him into office realize that he IS NOT what our country needs.

NinjaOrage said...
Um, another thing: under Bush, another few years and there would be no fresh air, and children will be dying everywhere. Obama is trying to prevent Global Warming and pollution overall. He is increasing taxes to the rich and decreasing for the poor, so they can eat.

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

By Gandhi.

Excuse me. DO you actually know for a fact what Obama is doing? Let me tell you. Presidant Obama is trying to heal our nation. He is trying to het people like you and me better health care. He is trying to end the wars in the Middle East. Yet how can he do this if THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR HIM ARE NOT SUPPORTING HIM?? A presidant gets his power mostly from the people. YEt, the people are not helping him. He is YOUR Presidant for at least the next 4 years. Instead of complaining, why don't you help him to heal our country?

NInaColada said...
where'd you get your information from, rush limbaugh? your perspective is skewed. yes obama is trying to make a somewhat socialized medical care system, but where did you get communism? from. . it's resembling socialism at most. but not even close to communism. Please don't try to start another red scare, you sound alot like joe mcCarthy.

EricBlair BRONZE, London, Other

"I understand HOW, I do not understand WHY" -George Orwell, 1984

You really deserve to be disillusioned if you see Obama as communist because of his pro-welfare policies, among others..

It is your misconception of the word 'freedom' that will doom you if you cling to it. The way you use it, 'freedom' means traditionally American with minimal government intervention. I see 'freedom' as the freedom to afford the medication you need for the sake of your sanity, I see 'freedom' is the freedom to make remotely left-wing decisions to save a nation that preaches 'freedom of political views' and not be called a communist in response.

patientkindbalancedfine BRONZE, New York, New York

"Things do not change; we change."

You've wasted too much time complaining about how you don't like Obama and how his plans will never work. Well, first of all, he's only been in office for 9 months. I'm guessing that you liked Bush, and let me tell you, it took him a while to put his plans into action also. I'm not saying that i agree with everything that Obama has put out there...but EVERYTHING with abortion and gay rights I agree with.
I'd like to know if you support gay rights and what your stand is on abortion, if you don't mind answering.

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

Well I think tirade fits this because all he does is make pointless speeches over things that have nothing to do with being Pres.

morainj said...
You read my mind. Every single word in this article are my beliefs fully. Americans should not have to worry about the future of their families "begging for food or be enslaved to a government that no longer cares about THE PEOPLE, " as you stated. Also, I liked the part where you metioned "I want them to experience that thing every American soldier is fighting for and giving their lives for." One of my family members is a U.S. navy seal who is away fron his family for a majority of the year and is now being stationed in a distant county for two years and will not see his family for that time. Once again, i agree with your thoughts 100%.

huntonn BRONZE said...
huntonn BRONZE, Harrison City, Pennsylvania
I agree with every word and thought in this article. The people of America should not fear for the freedom of our decedents. When you said "Banana Republic" I wanted to jump out of me seat and scream, "Finally somebody realizes what will happen if this stupidity and greediness does not stop." I to would like my children to one day "experience that thing every American soldier is fighting for." People through out American history have died to keep our country free and yet we watch the thing we worked so hard be carelessly tossed out the window. This is not all President Obama's fault; he needs to understand though that all of his ideas have been tried before. They have also failed in something we Americans like to call the Soviet Union. If things do not change we to will be slaughtering our own men everyday and nothing will stop it. This is the path we head down if this tyranny is not stopped now.

Walker King BRONZE, Clackamas, Oregon
I don't think you know the meaning of the word "tirade." A tirade is a long, angry, speech. And while a presidency consisting of one four year long speech would be entertaining. I think the word you're looking for is "tyranny."