What Will My Future Be? | Teen Ink

What Will My Future Be?

By CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina
CelticThundeGurl SILVER, Benson, North Carolina

"It is time for us to realize that we are too great a nation to limit ourselves to small dreams."

- Pres. Ronald Reagan

I would like to know what future will I have when Pres. Obama is finished with our country? Will my children be able to call themselves free? Will they spend their lives paying for his decisions? When will his tirade end? I try to keep a positive perspective on things, but when I try to look into the future I see a country taken over, yes TAKEN OVER by a man who has so many communist beliefs that he takes away our freedom. I see America, the Banana Republic, the ordinary, enslaved,communistic country. I DO NOT want that to happen! I want my children to be allowed to live as long as is possible. I want the future children of America to always have food and a place to stay. I want them to be allowed to make as much money as possible and to do with it as they please. I don't want my children to grow old without ever experiencing a breath of free air. I do not want them to beg for food and to be enslaved to a government that no longer cares about "the people." I want them to live life in a free country. I want them to experience that thing every American soldier is fight- ing for and giving their lives for. I do not want them to go through life in America without knowing and experiencing the power of a certain waord. I want them to be able to stand and say, "I am PROUD to be an American! I AM FREE!" What if your children could not say that? How upset would you be? No, our freedom will not be taken away all at once, but it will be taken away quietly and piece by piece. I do not want the government to take away my freedom without a fight! We, as FREE American teenagers, need to take a stand and let Washington know that if they are not there "for the people" and to "represent the people" we will throw them out! We will not be enslaved! We ARE and forever WILL BE Free Americans! Now let's all stand up around the world and shout it as loud as we can! Praise God I'm free, and you won't take that away from me without a fight to the DEATH!!!

"I'm tired of our freedoms being slowly taken away through small things! I'm ready to make a difference and I want others to join me!

on May. 27 2015 at 10:50 am
CannedBread116 BRONZE, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Agreed. I don't want to read a rant, just facts!

on Oct. 2 2014 at 10:41 am
EasleyCadet500, Easley, South Carolina

Success doesn't come naturally;you must work for it.

Some say Obama is the Third Anti Christ,butI'm not so sure.Hey,only two more years of him,but a lot can happen in two  years...move to Canada,I guess.They need people to live there anyway.

Jon Hollis BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
wi234, you just made my day. Furthermore, why fund medicare? Grandma's lived a full life, just do an Old Yeller on her and every other medicare recipient. It's not like they're humans with human rights, anyway. Same for those "pre-existing condition" people. Yeah, right! Why should  health insurance companies have to care about people who get sick, but don't have a lot of money? The money-grubbing needed to stop, and Obama stopped it.

Jon Hollis BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
Yes. Read Atles Shrugged, a book loosely tied to old conservative beliefs loosely tied to today's  economy. Oh yeah, the whole "wealth will trickle down" thing will work great! Just give even more money to the 'job creators' and they'll create a lot more jobs. Just like they have for the past 10 years, right?

Jon Hollis BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
"I'd love to see you write an article better than this one."   Shouldn't be a problem.

Jon Hollis BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia
...wow. That was...wow.

jasso GOLD said...
on Aug. 20 2012 at 6:36 am
jasso GOLD, Damascus, Other

courge dose not always roar, Sometimes courge is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying : i will try again tomorrow

american goverment destroid a lot  by building up revolutions  by sending the black water to were it wants and brain washing the citizen of america  take a closer look at the middle east watch different sources of news   

wi234 said...
wi234, Boston, Massachusetts
oh the poor health care companys they kill forty five thousand people a year i feel so sorry for them

on Jan. 3 2012 at 4:18 am
RumMonkey BRONZE, Sunny Side Somewhere, Other

"I dream I'm on the surface of my own life, watching it unfold."

This section is full of far less hateful and biased articles than this one, so yeah, it's not as perfect as you think.

owkey BRONZE said...
owkey BRONZE, Markham, Other

Hey

-Owkey

Yes, you're right. The rights of AMerican citizens have been taken away. They've been taken away by people like you who who believe in a "free America." What is freedom to you? It seems like you're content so long as you have your own personal freedom, at the cost of everyone else's.

on May. 16 2011 at 10:33 am
peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

Being a Republican myself, I disagree with a lot of things our president does and his views. But I by no means hate him. Sounds like you have a lot of bitterness towards the guy. Chill a little on the hate, my friend. To disagree with him is fine, but I must say that this is a little too far. I think that if you want to write an article stating your disagreement with the president, try to use a little less emotion, and a little more factual information to support your point of view.

Nothing he says means anything when he's giving a speech. If you actually listen, he's not saying anything. And he can't speak without a teleprompter, anyway, so none of his speeches sound meaningful anyway.

waitingforforever SILVER, Warner Robins, Georgia
He's not #1 on my hate list...but he's pretty far up there because he and his goons are attempting to transform our great country into a Socialistic nation. Why don't YOU lear YOUR facts.

Reallyyy said...

Can you please stop posting stuff like this. Really, OKAY, we get it! You don't like Obama. You don't have to keep posting unintelligent, fact-less rants about it. I'm starting to doubt whether you really enjoy writing....or if you're just seeking attention.

One post about the same topic is enough, thank you.

Oh and it wouldn't kill you to do a little but of research here and there. What exactly had Obama done to become number 1 on your hate list? Tryed to end a war? Tryed to get healthcare for America's uninsured? Tryed to boost America's global standing? Until you can give some solid facts noone is going to take you seriously.

DawnMarie BRONZE, Milton, Florida

a bird doesn't sing because it has an answer,
it sings because it has a song. - lou holtz

Shut up. It is perfect just the way it is, and I'd love to see you write an article better than this one. 

Kay? Kay. :) 

kaitlynstrawberry BRONZE, Alderson, West Virginia

There is no agony like bearing an untold story inside of you. - Maya Angelou

You need to work on backing yourself up in your articles with quotes/statements from public figures, statistics, links to other articles... you're not really doing this at all in any of your articles. Before you go off spouting these ridiculous rumors, it might be a good idea to do a little research on the subject. It might save you the trouble of having to argue with people such as myself about your theories. ;)

7Ariel7 BRONZE said...
7Ariel7 BRONZE, Plymouth, Massachusetts

All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

yeah - we are not enslaved YET! - that is why she out "slowly" slippiong away. people need to wake up!! if obama was parading as a republican he would stil get the exact same treatment or WORSE!!!

Darkness95 SILVER, McFarland, California

"Carpe Diem. Seize the day!"

You said in your article that if congress doesn't represent the people as they should than that we should remove them. You  are admitting that liberals and conservatives alike are to blame for the problems going on in this country. The fate of the country doesn't only lie in the hands of the pres. whoever he or she may be. Those freedoms that you mention being taken away are not only because of his legislation, but those of the individual state govenments also. If you know a little about government then you now that he doesn't have unlimited control over our lifes and how our children may possibly be rasied. :/

on Jul. 29 2010 at 1:43 am
Treefiddy BRONZE, Tarzana, California

In the market, competition keeps prices low. Here, like in every other country which has a centralized government health care system, they simply ignore the costs. It invariably leads to the degregation in quality.

When the president uses class warfare and his marxist rhetoric to make people hate whatever company best suits his purpose for the time, remember that health insurance companies are among the most highly regulated companies. The rising cost in the price of health care is becuase of government. It's sort of like how every major economic disaster in the past 100 years was caused or made worse through government, and then the solution is MORE GOVERNMENT!

Ayn Rand predicted it.

on Jul. 16 2010 at 11:37 am
BungalowBillPhotography, Juno, Alaska

egad

I have read all your articals on obama, I have seen you direct so much hate towards liberals and obama. I dont think he is going towards the path of another nixon. And its not like we're inslaved or something. You dont have much facts backing your opinions, and if they are 'facts', they are assumptions, or rumors. I think you OVER-exagerating. I would REALLY like to know where all this hate is coming from.