How Many Of You Hate America?

The common view of things is often different from the reality. They can be twisted, beautiful images that shield us from the truth. Sometimes people should think of it not as a shield, but as a blindfold. Because a world superpower is taking steps too far. By consuming more fossil fuels than is necessary, by standing still and making no military progression when it was needed, and by waging war on a country and attacking soldier and civilians over a mere dispute for oil. This “great” country, is America.

Many people look to America and sigh with envy at “the American Dream” . However, that dream cannot last long, while America is guzzling up precious resources left on a rapidly crowding planet. These figures speak for themselves about the evident greed of America:

Coal > Production
531,822,000 ton

Coal consumption
1,060,000,000

Commercial energy use
8,148.38

Electric power consumption > kWh
3,920,613,000,000 kWh

Electricity > Consumption
3,892,000,000,000 kWh

Gasoline prices
0.77

Geothermal power use
5,640

Natural gas > Consumption
652,900,000,000 cu m

Natural Gasoline > Production
12,275,000 ton

Nuclear electricity generation
780.1 terawatt-hours

Nuclear energy consumption
821.1 terawatt-hours

Nuclear reactors operable
104

Oil > Consumption
20,680,000 bbl/day

Oil > Exports
1,165,000 bbl/day

Oil > Production
8,457,000 bbl/day

Oil imports > Net
10,400,000 barrels per day

Oil reserves
22,450,000,000 barrels

Usage per person
8.35 TOE per person

Wall plugs > Voltage
110 V

Wind energy installation
6,740 MW

These crimes are forgivable, as other nations are guilty of many similar crimes, such as Brazilians chopping down the Amazon. But global warming is not the most important aspect that we can hold against America. America has extorted countries beyond the point of recovery. Equador, for example, was reduced to a poor scrabbling wreck once America dealt out loans to them. Now Equador only has 5% of its national budget to spend on public services, whilst the rest of the money goes into paying off foreign aid, almost all of which goes to America. Is this right? Is it fair that Americans can bully nations? Furthermore. America threatens, assasinates, and then goes to war with the presidents of countries who refused to run their countries as they like. The war with Iraq is a simple example. America wanted oil. Iran refused to give for no good reason. Why should we just let them do this to us? Us as a world?
Oh yes, because they have guns!

The U.S.A government is a trigger-happy collection of murderous power figures, They do so much to the world, and yet they have nuclear arms and their military to point at other nations, and say “give me your money!” They succeeded for so long due to pure fear, but now other countries have the chance to strike back. America doesn't have all the power anymore. A single grain of rice can tip a scale. Somehow, America has set in a system which everybody likes. A system where people don't think. Where they impulsively buy items that will break very soon. In America, only 10% of items bought for a house are kept for more than a month, and only 5% of those remain for 6 months. America designs products to be made so they break as soon as possible, but will still leave the client with faith in the product, enough so to buy themselves more.

But who benefits from this system?

The aristocrats do. Right up in their trees, lording over us. There are bankers who awarded themselves millions of dollars in bonuses whilst creating a recession that would cripple thousands of struggling individuals around the world. This doesn't cause stress for people living on government benefits, but for the people who are just above the poverty line. America makes those people struggle and work every day. It does so by enforcing a system where the elite (namely money-posessing) people take hold. Can nothing be done to create a fair and happy world?

Well, there is something you can do. You can be fair. You can be smart, and you can think before reaching for your credit card while watching an auction channel. You can PAUSE and WAIT before buying that “wonderful new shave”. We have to know our limitations, and stretch them. Whoever is reading this, YOU are the workforce. You are the people economically enslaved. There is hope. You can work together towards goals such as Project Venus, Save The Forests, Oil Conservation, and Fairtrade. These small lifestyle changes will help you sleep at night. How can we sleep after reading this, knowing that we are only here through the turmoil and suffering of potentially hundreds of other men, women and children.

When a child reaches to the future, who will have the heart to say, “we've used it up, son.”

Alabian said...
I'm sorry, but as a loyal American citizen, I cannot read this article with pleasure.

thinkingtoohard replied...
Sept. 11, 2013 at 8:10 pm :
totally agree...it sounds like this person was raised in Russia or the Middle East where these opinions were drilled in...its sad

JustinNelson replied...
Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:22 pm :
Your obviously not thinking too hard, as your name implies. See when someone provides such a concise and erudite opinion as this one, and your nationalism, NOT patirotism, raises alarms for no particular reason than the fact that you think that this person was raised in a country that you've never been to, nor experienced first-hand, and you've been taught lies by your school and TV about those countries; well it seems to me that YOU have been indoctrinated, not the author.  Go read... (more »)

Miniterror said...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:50 pm:
I want to know how many of you are Americans and/or Christian

Miniterror replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:47 pm :
I must tell you that I am both a loyal American citizen and a devoted Christian. You have no idea how much the United States helps around the globe. I think it's ridiculous that you can say that it is our fault that Equador has gone into a political crisis. We give them the money and it becomes their responsibility to handle it after that. And when it comes to Brazil cutting down trees, I can understand your concern, but they need both wealth and land to rise up economically and polit... (more »)

Alabian replied...
Sept. 12, 2013 at 8:36 pm :
I am an American and a Christian as well and I totally agree with you.

AliMotamedi said...
Jun. 7, 2013 at 10:35 am:
i get the message and i agree with it, the problem with humans is that they think they should serve themsleves in the best way possible during the short life time that they have. but the right thing would be to help and work so we and others to come can live with ease and comfort. almost all ancient civilizations undestood this, and made our work much simpler!

prettysoccer_girl34This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 13, 2013 at 12:46 pm:
I'm an American and I totally agree with this article. It was well written and smartly presented. :) Good job 

Loticus said...
May 12, 2013 at 9:26 pm:
So we should stop fighting terrorism? We should be come a dictatorship? We should go even further in our debt to spend billions of dollars on researching eco-friendly energy alternatives? Stop helping minor countries?

SimranRazdan said...
May 11, 2013 at 8:27 am:
They have plundered countries for greed, killed civilians (of other countries) in the name of democracy and have bullied at every given opportunity. If this is world's superpower, then I am glad I'm not a part of the coldest nation ever known to mankind.

Vagialena said...
May 10, 2013 at 6:23 am:
I believe it is easy to just blame America for the abjection of our world... The obvious victim, because America is everywhere.... Shouln't you, however, take a time to reconsider and wonder if England for example, could do something? Isn't it proper, first to blame ourselves and then the others? Perhaps if every nation stopped dropping accusations, we'd take this world to a different level...

John432 said...
Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:53 am:
It's not right to say the country as a whole is wrong. It's the people in it; what they're doing.

CiaraMarie replied...
Nov. 5, 2013 at 7:14 pm :
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you. The people here in America are not at fault, at least not all of them. Our government does what it wants, when it wants to. The people have no say so anymore. The officials of this once great country try to give people the illusion that the government does what the people say, but they don't. They are running our country into the ground and making us look like fools to other countries. I still have hope for this country, but it will be dest... (more »)

Gav13 said...
America is a great country and we may have some problems but that doesn't mean you should hate America.

Miniterror replied...
Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:58 pm :
Thank you! Thank you very much. I understand we have made mistakes, but if we suddenly decided to stop helping other countries and quit using our military I can't imagine what might happen.

Vikki05 said...
Mar. 20, 2013 at 2:23 pm:
You tell'em

Alexander_The_Great said...
Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:03 am:
You know here in America we are trying to fix these problems. I totally agree with the global warming and all by the way. The thing is.... Most schools in America are trying to teach us teens about the future and how to make it better. Including stopping the problems that are distroying our homes. I think blaming all americans for the problems in the world is wrong. Yes some are at fault, but not me! Not my family! The thing is a lot of americans have a hard time believing these issues. How can ... (more »)

Jarred74 said...
Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:10 am:
America is the country all other countries turn to in times of need. We give billions in foreign aid to many countries even ones that hate us. Their governments waste the money given to them because they are corrupt. The United States of America is by far the best country on this broken world and you're a fool if you don't see it. If you were in one of many other countries you would not be alive right now because in most countries what you just did is treason which the penalty is death. In Amer... (more »)

Darkstorm13 said...
Feb. 12, 2013 at 11:37 am:
You know, we are a huge country so it shouldn't be a surprise thatwe use up so many resources. I agree we should use renewable resources in place of fossil fuels, but placing all the blame on America won't do anything. And how can you blame us for loaning money to a country? they CHOSE to accept the loan and it is their fault they are having trouble paying off. I am not trying to be negative, im just saying.

SimranRazdan replied...
May 11, 2013 at 8:29 am :
You are a freakishly huge country with a negligible population , genius.