Miley Cyrus Controversy | Teen Ink

Miley Cyrus Controversy

Miley Cyrus is a name that almost every person in America knows. This millionaire teenager is the main character in the hit show “Hannah Montana.” This show is very popular because of it’s hilarious script and great actors. Well at least all the actors but, Miley Cyrus. Jason earls, Emily Osment, and Mitchell Musso bring something special to the stage. Every one of their performances appears to be genuine and believable. Miley Cyrus often over acts and doesn’t have a good voice. Every time I hear her sing it sounds like she has a cold or a sore throat. Her acting and singing isn’t the only reason why I am not a fan. Miley Cyrus’s recent scandals have turned me off and disappointed fans. Photos were released showing Miley Cyrus getting close on the floor with another girl, draped over a boy and her in panties and a bra. After that scandal had passed and was no longer big news, Miley did a photo shoot with Vanity Fair magazine. The pictures showed her in awkward poses with her father (Billy Ray Cyrus). The picture that caught the attention of tabloids, news networks, and news papers shows Miley topless and wrapped in a bed sheet. When Miley Cyrus was confronted about the embarrassing magazine spread she said "My goal in my music and my acting is always to make people happy. For Vanity Fair, I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie [Leibovitz]. I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed." I think this comment is ridiculous. Miley had seen the pictures before they were published and still went through with it. How could her and her parents not know that a picture like that would upset people? This teen needs to learn that, along with fame comes responsibility. Millions of little girls consider Miley Cyrus a role model. I don’t think that the moms and dads of these children would want to see behavior such as this exhibited by their young ones. Although Miley made an idiotic decision to take part in this photo shoot, not all the blame is on her. Her parents should have stopped this at once! I am mainly referring to her father who is considered a very responsible and caring parent. Billy Ray Cyrus claims to have been absent while the photo of Miley was taken, but I don’t think that this is a good enough excuse. I do believe that Billy Ray is a good parent, but it seems like a small part of him is using his daughter as a part of a “get-rich-quick” scheme. Vanity Fair is very smart. I am guessing that they knew that the photos would raise a controversy. Vanity Fair gained a lot out of this event. They have received many hits on there web site and were mentioned on nearly every single channel. It was basically free advertising. All in all, Miley Cyrus needs to clean up her act and fast!!!!

VanillaDee said...
VanillaDee, Dunedin, Other

We're all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

I think this story was very well written and entirely from the heart, although maybe you could try having another go and writing it from an outsider's point of view? I got the impression that you don't like Miley Cyrus very much so maybe attempt at writing it where you aren't on any sides? It could put an interesting twist on the story and extend your writing abilities. Keep up the good work!