What I Want When I Grow Up! | Teen Ink

What I Want When I Grow Up!

June 21, 2012
By Kayleighf2 BRONZE, Toccoa, Georgia
Kayleighf2 BRONZE, Toccoa, Georgia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything happens for a reason, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
You may not end up where you though you would, but you will always end up where you are meant to be.


What comes to most people's minds when they hear their teacher's booming words with a dreadful assignment that students must complete every couple of years about what they want to be when they get older, is merely occupations such as, doctors or veterinarians.
Well, when i get older I want a job that will keep me financially secure, but most importantly I want to make a difference. I want to be a role model for kids who aren't blessed like I am with many great family role models. I want to be looked up to not looked down on.
Everyday that I walk down the hallways in my school I see kids my age already making bad choices mostly because there is no one there for them to look up to. I want to be able to be a positive influence for kids who don't have family support as I do. I want to be able to change a kids direction from taking the wrong path to taking the successful path that I am pushing myself to take.
I want to be the person that can give a child with no support or love the things that child will need to devour success. I don't want a million dollar house or a 60,000 dollar car because that won't change a child's chances in succeeding.


The author's comments:
All those commercials about making a change.