The Divorce

The days where always rough!
I would go to my fathers one day, and the next i would be back with my mom.
Now switching days with parents, can make your life a mess.
If you make a deal with one you will make the other sad. I had delt with it like any other seven year old would. I ran! I ran far away and I didnt care! But as i ran I thought about my brother and how this would effect him too. I was his older sister and told him what he should do and not do. That was they day I realized that the world IS a hard place. I came back one day. I dont quite remember which day...but a day. I remember the tears down my mothers face and my father at the table. And Standing by the table, my brother. only 5 years old and petting my fathers shoulder and telling him it would be okay. My parents divorce wasnt a good thing but it sure did change me. Now at 13 I understand. I still to this day dont know why I left that house. For days after I went to a councler and didnt speak a word. nothing! And looking back now i feel discouraged. For my little 5 year old brother had more stength than I ever had then, and now! To this day I still switch parents, everyday its another house. Sometimes its a good thing, but others, I think differently. I love them both with all my heart and the divorce that day broke me down and ate me up. But here i am, teaching, reading, caring and loving for that 5 year old boy now all grown up, that once stood there watching his father cry, saying that it will be ok! Dont cry! It will be just fine!