Know Your Friends | Teen Ink

Know Your Friends

May 26, 2011
By demerynoelle SILVER, Fountain, Minnesota
demerynoelle SILVER, Fountain, Minnesota
9 articles 3 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music.


There are few days left of school. For some of us school ends this week, others it ends next week. Have you ever wondered what your classmates do in the summer? Maybe your best friend flies to Europe to battle dragons. Maybe that creepy kid in class becomes a superhero. Maybe the coolest kid just sits around on his butt all day watching TV and eating potato chips! Sure you know what they’re doing when you’re with them, but what about when they’re not? For all we know they can run faster than the speed of light, they own the sword Excalibur, or they just don’t. My point is, you never really know someone. I’m not telling you to never trust anyone; I’m telling you to be careful. Don’t tell all your secrets the first time you meet someone. Rely on yourself to tell the difference between a good friend and an enemy. Think about it.


The author's comments:
I started thinking about this when I found out one of my friends wasn't really a friend.