Know Your Friends | Teen Ink

Know Your Friends

By demerynoelle SILVER, Fountain, Minnesota
demerynoelle SILVER, Fountain, Minnesota

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music.

There are few days left of school. For some of us school ends this week, others it ends next week. Have you ever wondered what your classmates do in the summer? Maybe your best friend flies to Europe to battle dragons. Maybe that creepy kid in class becomes a superhero. Maybe the coolest kid just sits around on his butt all day watching TV and eating potato chips! Sure you know what they’re doing when you’re with them, but what about when they’re not? For all we know they can run faster than the speed of light, they own the sword Excalibur, or they just don’t. My point is, you never really know someone. I’m not telling you to never trust anyone; I’m telling you to be careful. Don’t tell all your secrets the first time you meet someone. Rely on yourself to tell the difference between a good friend and an enemy. Think about it.

I started thinking about this when I found out one of my friends wasn't really a friend.

on Jun. 11 2012 at 9:33 pm

The dragon thing was just for fun, and I know we all sit around and eat chips but I mean doing it all the time. I was not trying to blame any of my mistakes on anyone else and I understand that I need to get all the answers and all the stories before I judge someone as not my friend but I also know that sometimes you don't need everything to realize that you just don't get along. And finally thank you for the half compliment and I wish I understood why we quit being friends. 

on Jun. 1 2012 at 4:26 pm
sarahmcmurtry SILVER, Strawberry Point, Iowa

Sometimes it takes something horrible to realize something wonderful.

I really dont understand this. Like first of all theres no such thing as a dragon. Second who doesnt sit on the couch to eat patato chips. Maybe the people you call your friends arent your friends because you dont try to get to know them. You can't blame your mistakes on someone else. Besides that, good spelling. Uh keep up the.. work? and remember just write to have fun you dont have the be the best. HA!