The Audition | Teen Ink

The Audition

By Kbarger BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
Kbarger BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

“Guys, I don’t think I’m going to do so well,” I told my friends with a little doubt in my mind about this. ”I fell really nervous maybe I shouldn’t do it, maybe I’ll just have to wait till next year.”

“No, you have to Kavon, you’re a great actor, you can do it,” said my friend Anna, whose words made me relax a little. We were sitting in eight period, and waiting for final bell to ring the announcements came on, but I was to anxious to listen. Finally I heard Mrs. Cox say that the ones who were auditioning for drama to report to the band room. As soon as that message went off the bell rang.

“Well guys,” I said in a very nervous voice “Let’s go do this. Are you ready?” I said in a nervous voice.

“I guess we’re going have to be. Come let’s go,” Anna said. I could tell Anna had a little bit of fear in her voice. The whole time we were walking, Anna kept talking and walking, but I was just quite and said nothing. Anna kind of got the message that I really didn’t have anything to say. When we got to the band room we stopped, and look at each other. “Kavon, I know you’ll do great,” Anna told me in an encouraging voice.

“I know you will too.” I said. We took one last look at each other and I opened the door.

When we got into the room there were a lot of kids that I knew. Most were reading their monologues; others were talking with their friends. Anna spotted someone she knew, and she went over to talk to them. After she left I saw one of my elementary friends. Her name was Anna also. After I sat down, I could tell that she was very nervous also. We started talking for a while. She decided we should go over our monologue. She was really great, and I did okay. Some Mrs. Urps’ last year seventh grade advanced class walked in with name tags and a list of names. I knew that the list of names would be in alphabetical order, and I would be at the top of the list. When they called my name first, my heart sort of sank. Now I was really nervous. They said that they would be back for the first five in about ten minutes. After the ten minutes someone came over and got me. I sat outside the drama room, and I was going over my lines in my head. Just then Mrs. Urps stepped into the hallway and went over some things with us. She told us that our judge was partially deaf so that we really had to project. When she got finished, she told me to come on in. I stepped into the room, and I saw a lady sitting at the table, I thought that she might be the judge, and it turned out she was. I introduced myself and then I started my first monologue. I was doing so go great, and then out of nowhere I completely mess up the line. I felt so bad and then I kind if got a little discouraged. I finally got

This is a story of my first audition.