What it takes? | Teen Ink

What it takes?

February 7, 2011
By RNash SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico
RNash SILVER, Albuquerque, New Mexico
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate it is that we are powerful beyond measure it is are light not are darkness that most frightens us..."


People pursue greatness every day, but how many people achieve it is a whole different story. Everybody pursues happiness and people achieve that more often than not but maybe not in the way they wanted to achieve it maybe in a way that is satisfying but not amazing. How many people get to live their childhood dreams? There are over 7 billion people on this planet and over 300 million in the US, but I’m not writing to feed you statistics. I don’t know why I am writing this but I am starting to understand how many people make it in this world and it’s not enough.

I’m 15 and writing this on my laptop at 11:10 pm, I don’t know if anyone will every read this and it really doesn’t have much of a point I just can’t sleep. I don’t want to say I’ve been through a lot but I know what disappointment feels like and it really isn’t something you ever want to have to go through but almost certainly will.

Doesn’t it seem like the greatest among greats have all felt that disappointment and that’s what made them so great. That they all fell down but got back up. So the greatest have been to hell and back and are sitting at the gates of heaven. That’s why greatness is never handed to you it’s a pursuit which lasts a lifetime. Life is kind of like a marathon you start and may start strong and fade hell you may go strong the whole way through but what really matters is how you prepared for the marathon you start. Did you train, work, and prepare or did you just sit around and watch greatness.

When you look up to someone, what are you looking up too, the figure he/she has become or the person him/her self. When you think about it, it seems that you idolize the figure and not the person. It’s almost a respect for the work he/she had to go through to get to that point. It poses the question how did they make it? Did they have connections? Did they work for every penny they earned? How did they obtain the greatness millions search for and never seem to reach? I’m not the one to tell you I’m 15, but it truly poses the question how in the world did they get so far past everyone else who ran the same marathon and prepared just as hard.


The author's comments:
I dont know hope people can see this my mind has been racing since I felt this disappointment and I had to write something
thank you