Dear Anyone with a Brain | Teen Ink

Dear Anyone with a Brain

December 13, 2007
By Anonymous

Dear Anyone with a Brain,


Before I start on this subject I have to say, there are many different life styles and I agree with most of them. Anything that truly makes a person happy is great, but that is the catch, Joy. But that is not my point. For some time now, various people have been trying to separate God and state, which is a argument that could have many different points, but during the recent months where I live, I have noticed a few things that are in my eyes unacceptable.


Fist things first, my school has a dress code that is not so strictly enforced. The main rules are no alcohol or drug references and no nudity, blah blah blah. But here is my main problem, forcing yourself down others throats and not being able to say something. A kid I know wore a shirt to school that says “god free” in big bold letters, and did not get in trouble and was ignored. A different kid wore a shirt that was supporting the Christian faith and was asked to change his shirt. Now if you don’t believe in God fine, but when things like that happen it is a little ridiculous. The separation of God from any aspect of life is being taken away and I believe if we keep going at this rate we will only be able to mention him in church. Like I said if you do not believe in God cool, but do not get offended if someone who does wears a shirt or says merry Christmas.


That is my next point, and I believe even more ridiculous. This Holiday is Christmas and it started out with the birth of Jesus Christ. Now if you do not celebrate Christmas again that is great. But do not get offended if someone says Merry Christmas to you just because you do not celebrate the holiday. If a Jew said happy Honokaa would you get offended, probably not? If someone says happy Kwanza you are not going to offended. So stop treating the words Merry Christmas like the person who was nice enough to notice you in the first place just offended your mom.


My final point: Does your school celebrate “A holiday break”? Well mine does but it just happens to be when Christmas is. It is not a Holiday break, it is a Christmas break. If we were breaking for the holidays we would have Honokaa off too. So whether you believe in Jesus or Santa Merry Christmas.

Sincerely Matt Shadel