IN-AND-OUT:It's The Best | Teen Ink

IN-AND-OUT:It's The Best

By ethan stevenson BRONZE, Moraga, California
ethan stevenson BRONZE, Moraga, California

I have never been a real burger fan. Growing up, all of my other five siblings loved to have a hamburger whenever they past by any burger joint. But still I never understood the beauty of a hamburger. Never learned the true meaning of having the flavors of meat, lettuce, tomato, and onion all blend together into a sensation I call, ‘The taste of heaven.’ But on one fateful day, our family was driving past the In-n-Out in San Ramon, and being my family’s favorite place to eat, we stopped. It was there that I had my very first hamburger. A light when on, and I have never stopped loving hamburgers since, especially In-N-Out. But what made this In-N-Out hamburger change my taste buds all of a sudden? After long hours of thinking, I believe that it’s because In-N-Out is the best burger joint in the state of California. Some may say that this is a bold statement, but I have tasted all the competing burger places, and In-N-Out tops then all. It blows Burger King out of the water, demolishes McDonald’s, and wrecks Nations. Simply put: In-N-Out is the best.

Many would say that In-N-Out doesn’t have the service that other places do. This may seem like a thing that would make a big difference because as human beings we hate to wait. But the more time you wait, the more your food will be hot, fresh, and ready to consume. The employees are always there for the customers every need. You don’t get that anywhere else. The employees at In-N-Out are genuinely happy and excited, which makes eating there an enjoyable experience. Yes, other places can produce a hamburger faster then In-N-Out, but no one guarantees the freshness and excellence that In-N-Out does when making and serving your food.

Many hungry customers out there ask, what makes In-N-Out the place that produces the ‘best’ fast food? I am convinced that it starts with how they handle their food. In-N-Out has a 24 hour meat delivery service, which means that the meat in their hamburgers is never frozen, promising absolute freshness. They even grind and produce their own hamburger patties. The lettuce is hand-leafed, so that when it gets put on the hamburgers, its the best of the crop. The juiciest tomatoes are chosen, adding a little more oomph to your hamburger. The buns are baked using old-fashioned, slow rising sponge dough. And the potatoes are shipped directly from the farm to the restaurant, and also cooked in 100% cholesterol-free vegetable oil. The shakes are made from real ice cream.

Not only does the food make In-N-Out the best, but they offer so much more then that. The t-shirts they sell are the ‘in’ thing to buy, and from experience, they’re also very comfortable. They sell other In-and-Out merchandise such as mugs, key chains, and the famous In-N-Out pin. But if you’re not in the mood to spend more money then what your meal cost, then you can ask for a free hat, sticker book, or a nutrition guide from any employee.
Other fast food joints try to lure you to buy their food by constantly lowering the prices on their food. In-and-Out doesn’t have to do that, because they offer the same great quality throughout all the products on the menu. Yesterday, I saw that Burger King was offering a cheeseburger for a dollar. What do you think is happening to that cheeseburger if the price on it is decreasing, because obviously they aren’t adding anything to it. Also, places such as McDonald’s have the playgrounds so that they can get you and your kids to come and grab a meal. They have to do this because their food isn’t that good. In-N-Out can focus just on their food, because that’s what they’re best at.
After I had taken my last bite of my first hamburger at In-N-Out, I couldn’t believe that I had missed out on such goodness for so long. In-and-Out is dedicated to making your food fresh. You can walk in to In-and-Out and know that you’re getting the best of the best - always.

on Mar. 1 2010 at 2:32 am
dkcalpolo89 BRONZE, Moraga, California
Hella good paper!! Stevenson, you are so right in saying that In-N-Out is top notch because its not even an opinion, it's a fact!!