The Real Heroes

The people who you consider sidekicks are the actual everyday heroes. You can be a cashier at Mc. Donalds or the creator of Apple, you are still important. "Work hard in school. You don't want to end up working at Burger King like your uncle," is what parents constantly tell their children. Well, don't listen to them. If you do want to work at Burger King then good for you, don't be ashamed of that. If everyone said,"I am going to work hard in school so one day I can be a rich and successful CEO," then America just wouldn't be America. Yes, this world needs people to work at Burger King and Jamba Juice and Starbucks. Don't make fun of the janitor by throwing wet paper towels on the ceiling of the public restroom because janitors are just as important as a CEO. Without janitors we wouldn't have a clean and healthy place to go to work or school. Don't mock the 45-year-old Mc. Donald's drive thru clerk because who is there for you at four in the morning when you're craving a double cheeseburger with french fries? The 45-year-old drive thru clerk or Mr. Ipod Man? There is a reason why we have "little people" and "big people" in this world. You may say you would rather have an ipod then a cheeseburger, but you should still display respect for everyone because they do their part in this society So next when you think of the janitor, think of him as the hero instead of the sidekick.

musicgirl757 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 27, 2009 at 2:00 am
All right! Good job, everyone is equal! This is America! Speak the truth, it needs to be heard.

Amber1994 said...
wow i never thought about it that way. great job!
-check out my poems please!-