Strict Parents | Teen Ink

Strict Parents

May 12, 2009
By JC Marling BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio
JC Marling BRONZE, Bellaire, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I hate having strict parents. When I ask them to go somewhere, you say “ We’ll think about it” or “ Not a chance”. When! I’m allowed out with my friends you only give me an hour or so just to hang out with my friends. I hate it.
Being blamed for every bad thing that happens is other thing I hate. My brother will do something bad and I get blamed for something I don’t even know what it is. I hate it.
You make me do all of the work without having my brother help. Even though he is seven doesn’t mean he can’t pick his or my room up if he messed it up. He makes most of the messes around the house and I have to clean it all up without anyone helping me. I hate it.
I get yelled at for every little thing and my brother can get away with about anything. I get yelled at for something as stupid as watching TV or playing video games an yet my brother can sit and watch TV or play video games for 13 hours straight. I hate it.
I get an early curfew and you let my brother stay out all night. I get yelled out for being 5 minutes late on curfew and he can stay over his friend’s house as long as he wants to an don’t get yelled at. I hate it.
You didn’t let me go to prom this year just because you didn’t like the girl I was wanting to go with. Just because you don’t like her don’t mean you have to keep me from going to prom. I hate it!