Strict Parents

I hate having strict parents. When I ask them to go somewhere, you say “ We’ll think about it” or “ Not a chance”. When! I’m allowed out with my friends you only give me an hour or so just to hang out with my friends. I hate it.
Being blamed for every bad thing that happens is other thing I hate. My brother will do something bad and I get blamed for something I don’t even know what it is. I hate it.
You make me do all of the work without having my brother help. Even though he is seven doesn’t mean he can’t pick his or my room up if he messed it up. He makes most of the messes around the house and I have to clean it all up without anyone helping me. I hate it.
I get yelled at for every little thing and my brother can get away with about anything. I get yelled at for something as stupid as watching TV or playing video games an yet my brother can sit and watch TV or play video games for 13 hours straight. I hate it.
I get an early curfew and you let my brother stay out all night. I get yelled out for being 5 minutes late on curfew and he can stay over his friend’s house as long as he wants to an don’t get yelled at. I hate it.
You didn’t let me go to prom this year just because you didn’t like the girl I was wanting to go with. Just because you don’t like her don’t mean you have to keep me from going to prom. I hate it!

Katie1234 said...
My parents are what you could call strict. The set these rules and expect me not to break them. They make me go to bed when I want to party. They correct my mistakes, and discipline me for them. They have to know all of my friends, and will only let me go out with Christian boys. Sometimes that is miserable. However, when I really grow up, I'll thank them for every lecture they gave me. I'll thank them for having loved me enough to be parents!

TheUnknownGuest said...
Aug. 5, 2009 at 4:54 am
I don't have strict parents but most of my friends do. I'm sure they just want you to be safe. Maybe they let your brother get away with more things because they like you better and want you to be safe more than your brother! I'm sure they like you both the same... but it's just a thought. Stay positive!

Wildheart This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I understand. I hate it too, and i feel for you. Your piece was very interesting. :) :) :)

unearthlyhaphazard said...
I get what you're saying, but, and I know this is going to sound a bit cliché, but maybe they're doing it for your own good. Since I have a younger sibling, I understand that you get mad when he is allowed more freedom than you, but, like you said, he's only seven. You're a teenager, right? They kind of have to be a bit more lenient with your younger brother, because a) he's obviously younger and b) you can actually get into a lot more trouble than he can, because you have more r... (more »)

pinksage33 said...
Nice pice!!!