'The Beginning'

Author's note: I thought of the idea for this book when I was thinking of superheros, I realized that almost all...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I thought of the idea for this book when I was thinking of superheros, I realized that almost all of them were atleast in highschool. So I thought I should change that, put it from a middle schoolers point of view.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9

Cam's P.O.V.

“So do you think we will be allowed to go back there now, this time without supervision?” Lily asked Cam and I, as we made our way toward all of our parents.
“I don’t know, but we’re going to find out soon.” Cam said, with a doubtful smile.
When we were in front of the parents Cam asked, “Can we please go to the park? We really need to finish our environmental project, we haven’t even started it!” with her eyes wide with a begging look.
After a few minutes of talking amongst themselves and displeased looks, Lily’s mom said with a sigh, “We guess so. But please, be careful.”
“We will.” We shouted, as we headed out the door.
“That’s what you said last time.” I heard Cam’s mom mutter as we headed out the door.
Once we were in the park, we decided to just wander around for a while and see the entire park. We walked down a couple of trails until we got hungry and decided to go to the concession stand.
“What can I get you ladies today?” the employee asked us, as he tried to seem like he wasn’t staring at Cam. He was failing.
“We will take two chili cheese dogs, one with extra mustard, and one hot dog with relish, hot mustard, ketchup, and a smear of mayonnaises.” Lily said, “-Oh, and a bottle of coke.”
“That sure is a lot of food.”He said, shaking his head, as he handed us our food.
“Yeah… not really. But thank you, have a nice day.” Lily said, handing me one of the chili dogs, and Cam her relish hotdog.
“You too. Come again soon.” He said to us as we were leaving.
“This is a pretty good hotdog, don’t you think so?” Lily asked me as we pushed Cam around the park, eating.
“Yeah I guess so, but I don’t think mine is agreeing with me.” I said, looking down at my stomach as it churns inside me, making me nauseous.
“There is a trash can over there. Don’t puke on me please.” Cam said to me, as I started to push her down the path again.
“I’ll be fine, come on let’s check out the rest of the park.” I said, trying not to lose my lunch.
We started to walk again, half way over this small hill, my stomach decided to give way.
“OH GOD, move it or lose it!” I shouted to a group of roller skaters that had been behind us. I sprinted towards the trashcan.
“Tilly!” I heard Lily shout, as she made her way after me.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9