'The Beginning'

Author's note: I thought of the idea for this book when I was thinking of superheros, I realized that almost all...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I thought of the idea for this book when I was thinking of superheros, I realized that almost all of them were atleast in highschool. So I thought I should change that, put it from a middle schoolers point of view.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »

Max's P.O.V.

As I sat at the table, I watched Cam as she devoured a Cheese burger in 10 seconds flat, then go on to work on her milkshake and fries. I have never seen a girl eat like that, especially one as banged up, and broken as her. But then again Cam wasn’t like most girls, she didn’t care how her hair looked, or what everybody thought of her, she only cared about what her friends, family, and adults thought of her. Plus, best of all, I think she likes me, but probably not, because seriously she has known most of the guys in this town all her life, and I came here only three months ago, and she only started talking to me after one of those months pasted.
“So who do you think my important visitor is going to be?” Cam asked, making me lose my train of thought.
“Huh, oh, I don’t know it could be anyone.” I answered. Cam stopped with her spoon half way two her mouth and said, “Wait, second? What was the worst escape plan ever?”
“Oh, umm… well, it’s a long story, and I didn’t just see it, I took part of it.” I replied, hoping I wasn’t blushing.
“Well, I don’t really have anywhere else to go. And even if I did I wouldn’t be able to get there without you. So… Why don’t you tell the story?” She said, smiling.
“Well, let’s just say it involved a summer camp, some of my friends, a big lake, and a kayak without a paddle and me after losing a game of cards.”
Cam let out a small laugh, and said, “Yeah, I still think what I did was worst.” Is she blushing?
“How so?” I asked, laughing.
“You saw it.”, Is what I think she said.
“When is the visitor supposed arrive anyways?” she asked, quickly changing the subject.

“At 12:45,” I looked down at my watch, “That was 15 minutes ago! Let’s go, we’re- I mean you’re late!!!” I said, leaping up from my chair. Iran to the other side of the table to Cam, who was still sitting in her wheelchair, I pulled her away from the table, and quickly began to push her to the exit.
“SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!” Cam shrieked from her seat in the wheelchair, her knuckles were pale white from griping the armrests so tightly, her eyes were wide and alert.
“No way! We are almost to the elevator! Just hold on and enjoy the ride!” I shouted to her as we barreled down the hallway to the elevator.
“Don’t worry! I wasn’t planning on letting go any time soon!” She exclaimed, with a strained laugh. We came to an abrupt stop, centimeters away from the steel elevator doors.
Inside the elevator, I said, ‘see there wasn’t anything to worry about while I was pushing you.” grinning.
“You mean other than the possibility that you could have lost your grip making me break something else.” She pointed out.
“Okay, nothing to worry about… except that.” I said grinning.
Finally the elevator reached the 3rd floor; it seemed to take an eternity for the elevator to get to the floor, and open wide enough for the wheelchair to squeeze through the opening. I hope the visitor hasn’t already left.