'The Beginning'

Author's note: I thought of the idea for this book when I was thinking of superheros, I realized that almost all...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I thought of the idea for this book when I was thinking of superheros, I realized that almost all of them were atleast in highschool. So I thought I should change that, put it from a middle schoolers point of view.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Lily's P.O.V.

As we reached the parking lot, she walked up to a black van and opened the side door and motioned for us to pile in, “your friend might not have all day so let’s get a move on!”
Inside the van, my jaw hit the carpeted floor. It only insured that she did work for the FBI and that it wasn’t some lie.
“Wow.” Drake said.
In the driver’s seat, I saw Mrs. Smith slip a small grin of satisfaction, but it was quickly replaced by a solemn expression.
“Did you call that girl’s parents to tell them what happened?” she said, as she pulled out of the parking lot, on to the roadway.
Oh no.
“HOW COULD WE HAVE FORGOTTEN TO CALL HER PARENTS?!?” Tilly exclaimed, whipping her phone out, and had Cam’s mom on the phone before we could even before we could pull out our phones.
“Hi Mrs. Gullerene. I don’t know how to put this, umm…...” Tilly got out with much difficulty. Max yanks the phone out of Tilly’s hand to talk, “Hey Mrs. Gullerene you need to get to the hospital quick, Cam is…” his voice broke a little, “Cam is hurt.”
“……….” I couldn’t make out what Cam’s mom said.
“The ambulance is already taking her to the hospital….At Roper St. Francis, across the bridge….It alright we already got a ride…This lady in the park that-it is a long story, I’ll explain later.” Max said, obviously wanting to hang up the phone and just get to the hospital already.
“Sure, I’ll hand the phone over to her.” Max said, holding the phone out to Mrs. Smith, “Here”
“Hello, my name is Silvia Smith. I’m sorry about what happened to your daughter…no I don’t mind,” She glanced at us, we must have had a confused look on our face because she mouthed to us, she has a few questions to ask me, before she returned her attention to the road. “…Um, well I work as a security guard…really…4 years…yes… no… well I look forward to meeting you in person, I just wish it didn’t have to be under these circumstances.” And with that Mrs. Smith hanged up the phone and handed it back to Tilly, who promptly wielded it like a knife and stabbed Max in the shoulder with it.
“Ouch! What was that for?!” Max exclaimed, rubbing his shoulder. Tilly had a satisfied look on her face.
“That was for stealing my phone.” Tilly said, putting her phone back in her denim bookbag.
At the hospital, Cam was a very depressing sight in her hospital room. Her forehead had been wrapped in bandages and gauzes, she had an IV in her wrist and there were wires that connected her to these machines, and what was saddest of all were the two casts on both of her legs and her arm in a sling. Her mom had somehow beaten us to the hospital, and was at the nurses’ station talking to the nurses. Mrs. Smith walked over to her said stroked up a conversation with them to find out Cam’s condition. When she returned her expression was grim.
“What is it? Is she going to be okay?!?” Max asked, not even trying to mask how worried he was.
“They said the gash on her forehead will heal quickly, but it’s going to leave a nasty scar, she broke both of her fibulas and tibias… so she will be in a wheelchair for about the next 2 months.” Agent Smith said. The hospital room became completely silent.
“Ughhhhh….” somebody faintly moaned, it was coming from Cam.