Shaya's Story | Teen Ink

Shaya's Story

By Ashley_Tucker, Granger, Indiana
Ashley_Tucker, Granger, Indiana

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? ~ Albus Dumbledore

Summary:

Fifteen year old Shaya Willow has just arrived to her first foster home in Chicago. With nine new siblings and a whole summer break ahead of her, she's ready for anything; except the strange accidents that follow her everywhere she goes. Is it coincidence or is someone out to get her? Was her family's death not an accident — a truth far more devastating than being on someone's black list. Can she stay alive long enough to figure it all out?

Ashley T.

Shaya's Story

on May. 26 2011 at 5:12 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

"Write what you love, write what you care about, because sometimes, it's the easiest way to be heard."

Yeah, I was kind of wondering the same thing. I've spotted a couple of errors in my story, but I think I'd have to repost the chapter if I wanted to fix it. Kind of inconvenient huh. 

VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

"A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower.
A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. There is no word for a parent who loses a child.
That's how awful the loss is." - Ronald Reagan

I heard an author speak at my school once and he said he didn't believe in writer's block that the want to write is only a luxery not a need. I know I get very lazy when I find a road block so sometimes I'll skip it and write the chapters I know I want in there and then fit the puzzle pieces together later. Like a movie, books don't have to be made in order :)

Ashley_Tucker, Granger, Indiana

Also, do you know if we can edit chapters? I see like an add on thing, but no edit. Do we have to just delete the chapter and repost it?

Ashley_Tucker, Granger, Indiana

Thank you!!! That's what I was most worried about, having a good voice. And me, too! I can't stand errors. And I run into them all the time on here, I just have to stop reading sometimes it's so bad. I hope yours goes away, too! I should have another chapter up here soon...hopefully! Coming up with 9 charactars all at once is so hard. But, I want to make sure they each have their own voice before they're heard, you know? Thanks SO much again!

Ashley_Tucker, Granger, Indiana

That's actually a really good tip. I keep thinking it'll just come to me, but I guess I could always delete it if I don't like it. I also really like the deadline idea. Neither can I!!! Hahaha (: I hope I'll have more up soon!

VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

I understand how "writer's block" goes. Trust me, Lol. I'm working on a novel too though mine is more fantasy. Just keep plugging through it, sometimes forcing yourself to write helps work out the kinks. My friends have been giving me deadlines for chapters and stuff which really helps keep me focus. Good luck on writing! Can't wait for more chapters I will surely read them. :)

on May. 25 2011 at 3:52 am
Garnet77 PLATINUM, Sinagpore, Other

"Everything's a triangle." ~ My mother

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! I don't know what specifically drew me in--the story, the voice, the characters... But it was all perfect. I think I caught only one mistake (where you wrote your instead of you're) but that's it. Your writing flows, and it's clean, which is a good thing, because grammar mistakes and punctuation errors often distract me when I'm reading. But ahhh!!! I really like this. I hope your writer's block goes away. (I have one too, at the moment) I can't wait to read more! :)

Ashley_Tucker, Granger, Indiana

Thank you! And yes you are absolutely right, this is only the beginning! Im at a bit of a writers block at the moment, but once I get past this little problem I'll have chapters up here by the minute (: Thanks for your support!

VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

I love the idea of this story. I can only imagine the difficulties she may endure. I hope to see more up soon!