Wasteland | Teen Ink

Wasteland

By Ronikat, Town city, California
Ronikat, Town City, California

Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

Summary:

People running through the streets. Cars full of people in their desperation to get out, driving over the people on foot. Birds screeching. Smoke. Flame. I turned, tried to run, and tripped. People stepped over me and kept running. A ripping sound swept through the earth, tearing apart the streets and swallowing people whole. Suddenly, a shake. The earth rattles, as if trying to shake mankind off its surface.

Silence. White noise. Blackout.

I woke up here.

I survived the apocalypse.

I sit up and groan. Immediately, I notice my surroundings are nothing that I have ever seen before, not even in movies. The grass is impossibly lush, inches of green stretching up. Big, tall trees with dark, wet bark surround me, going up for miles with incredibly thick boughs, as if they had been growing for centuries. Cool air fills my lungs, and I marvel at the clearness of the sky, azure and clean.

Ronikat

Wasteland

This book has 1 comment.

Bob69555 said...
on Jun. 23 2014 at 3:26 am
Did anyone read this story? I'm interested in reading it if anyone found it interesting.