Our Love

Author's note: This One Is For You.
Author's note: This One Is For You.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

How It All Started

Eva was lying down on her bed, with her phone on her tummy, feeling quite upset.

The boy who she liked had just ditched her, she had just gotten into a massive argument with her mother, and school was starting in three weeks.

She had made it a goal that summer to find love. Not a summer fling or a short-term romance. No, she was done with those. She had decided so one month earlier after ending her New Jersey Summer Vacation fling.

She was 16 years old, and in three short weeks, she would be starting her senior year of high school. She knew what that meant; prom, grad trip, graduation, and so much more.
And being the girl who she was, she had a lot of people to celebrate these life passages with.

She attended Marymount Academy, a high school in the city where she had lived her whole life, Montreal. She had several groups of friends there; she generally got along well with everybody. She was warm, welcoming, and attractive. She had long, brown hair, big hazel eyes, and a great body. She was tall, with curves in all the right places. And she knew how to dress herself well. She walked with confidence, and an attitude that made people want to be her friend.
She also came from a family of money. No matter what it was that she asked for, she got it. Whether it is a new designer handbag, new designer sunglasses, or another wad of cash, she got it.

Yet despite her wealthy family, she was not greedy. She was actually very grateful for everything she had, because she knew that there were many people out there who wished that they could have what she had.

Sure, Eva was happy with her life; she had friends, a great social life, money, and a confidence that could never be learnt, but only natural.

Yet she always felt as if there was something missing, and since she had gotten back from her vacation at a beach resort in New Jersey, she realized what that thing was.

It was not something that could not be bought by swiping her parents’ credit card, nor was it something that she could mark down on a wish-list and give to them.

That thing was love.
And she so desperately wanted to experience it.

She had never had true love. She had had three-week relationships that meant nothing, as well as a long list of summer, winter, spring and fall flings. But she never had feelings for any of the men that she had been with, ever.

She wanted someone special to share these important times in her life with.

In fact, she was comfortable saying that she wanted somebody to share her life with.
She wanted somebody who loved her for who she was; somebody who was not going to try to change her, or make her feel badly about herself.

She wanted someone who was willing to be honest and trustworthy; two character traits that were hard to find in people. She wanted somebody who would hold her through the bad and laugh with her through the good.

At this point, she wasn’t even being shallow; who cared what they looked like? If they found love, then the love would be enough. She didn’t need super-model looks in a man.

She snapped out of her thoughts when she felt her phone vibrate on her tummy.

She picked up her iPhone to see that her best friend, Donna, had sent her a text message.

“U still seeing Jonny tonight?” Said the message

“No, he ditched me twenty minutes ago ” She replied

She then received a phone call.

“Hello?” she asked into the phone

“The idiot ditched you?!” demanded Donna

“Yeah, I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Do you remember the time we were going to the mall, and we saw that guy named Joel at the bus line?” she suddenly asked

“Um, vaguely?” Eva answered, trying to think back to three weeks ago

“Jess’ ex.”

“Oh him, right, why?”

“Do you find him cute?”

Eva already knew why she was asking me this. She wanted to try to set her up with him. She surprised that Donna would even think that she would be okay with going on a blind date with somebody who she don’t know whatsoever. Furthermore, she didn’t trust her when it came to blind dates.

“I know what you’re going to say.” I answered

“So is that a yes?” she asked excitedly

“Fine.” I sighed

“Great! Meet me tonight at the metro station, and he’s going to be there.”

“Wait what?!” I demanded

“Bye!” she screamed

She hung up before I could object.
Just as I was about to call her back, she messaged me,

“Look your best, because he can’t wait to meet you. He’s interested in you. Don’t mess this up.”
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

alliejae said...
Hey i love this so far! you should write more!

LinaTroli replied...
Jan. 31, 2012 at 10:54 am
Thanks so much, im about to start another chapter :)

alliejae replied...
And you should read mine :) its called dear agony