Loving Kyle

Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I love feedback- comment and rate. Let me know what I can do to improve please! Also, this is NOT the ending. I am writing more. But I wanted everyone to see it before I finish. Keeping in suspense!(:  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »

Forget Me Not

Chapter Six.
Hesitantly, his arms went around my waist. But it wasn't the same. Something felt fake.
I pulled back.
He looked terribly confused.
"I'm... sorry. But I don't..." He looked over to his mom then back at me. "Who are you?"
My bottom lip trembled. Was this a dream? There was no way Kyle couldn't remember me. I was apart of his life. I am apart of his life. What was going on?
"Leah," Jennifer said softly as if her up coming
I like this chapter, but I don't know if it should of gone this way... Let me know what you think.
words would break me. "Kyle has amnesia. He doesn't remember much."
My stomach dropped. Like, litterly, dropped to my knees. I couldn't breathe. I was his fiancee, for goodness sakes! He couldn't forget me, it was impossible.
"The doctor said that when you arrived for you and Kyle to talk. Maybe jog his memory..." she said as she walked to the door.
"Okay," I mumbled.
The door made a soft thud as it seeled behind her.e
Stay calm, I instructed myself. I grabbed the chair that I used to sleep in from the corner and set it in front of Kyle.
He watched my curiously. Like I simply fascinated him.
"Will you explain what's going on?" he asked me. "My mom said she wouldn't say anything untill you got here. Well... I know I was attacked by a shark. But... how did that happen?"
I let out a sigh as I sat down.
"You really don't remember me?" I whispered.
He shook his head, tossling his blond hair back and forth. "Am I supposed to...?"
My hand reached out for his. When I grabbed it he didn't pull away, so, I played with our fingers like I used to. Intertwining them and undoing them over and over again.
When I looked up, Kyle kept his eyes on our fingers. Curiously watching them. Like he longed to remember.
"We grew up together. Then when we were sixteen you had the guts to ask me out..." I chuckled softly at that memory. "The day before you were attacked, you proposed." I smiled to myself, savoring the feeling of his hand in mine.
"Really?" he whispered, as if this was emotional for him. "I'm really sorry... This must have been hard on you."
"Yeah, it was." I attempted a lame smile at Kyle.
He took a long breath and sighed. "Is there anything- that you think you could do- to help me remember?"
Kiss him. Is what immediantly came to my head, like a whisper.
I dared a glance at him. Kyle looked desperate, I could tell he really did want to remember.
"There is something-"
"Then do it," he cut me off. "I really want to remember you. I- I want to remember us." There was a soft red that creeped up on his cheeks.
I leaned toward him. There were no words to describe how long I have yearned to kiss him again. How many dreams I have had where he would kiss me on the beach.
The Reality's Kyle didn't move away when I inched closer. Instead, he did something a little unexpected... He moved forward and closed the distance between us.
His lips were soft and urgent. Like his past could be found inside my kiss. Eventually, Kyle's hands cupped my face and held my cheeks carefully.
Gently, I pulled back. "Anything?"
Kyle stared at my lips and sighed. "Nothing. But..."
"But...?" I replied, leaning into his touch.
He licked his lips and looked up at me. "I feel something for you. Like... When my mom said your name, my heart fluttered. I know that, whatever you were to me, I loved you." Then he whispered, "I know that much about me."
I pulled out of his grasp and leaned back down in the chair.
His hands fell limp to his side and he looked kind of lost. It was like someone else in habited Kyle's body. The old Kyle wasn't there anymore... And the one thing that I feared the most was, I wasn't sure I could get the old Kyle back.
But I still loved him. I couldn't stop loving him if I tried. And... I won't. Stop trying, I mean.
There was a soft knock before I heard the squeak of the hinges as the door opened.
"Leah?" Trina's voice echoed from the entryway.
"You can come in, Trina," I called out.
She walked in with Jermey behind her and smiled sadly at us.
"Hey..." she whispered, as if she couldn't be too loud. "I heard about the amnesia, I'm so sorry Leah." Trina choked on a sob and enveloped me into a warm hug.
Suddenly, I found myself shaking against Trina. While, I found my cheeks began to dampen I realized, that this is what I needed. A familiar hug. It's been awhile since I let anyone behind my walls that had been built up after Kyle's coma. I missed my friends. They had always been there when I wasn't complete.
"Leah..." Kyle's voice whispered from behind me. His warm hand touched my back- he was trying to comfort me.
Trina pulled back from our embrace and smiled at Kyle.
Kyle's hand grabbed my arm and urged me down. Giving in, I layed down next to him in the hospital bed. His hand softly carressed my hair untill the crying ceased.
"These are our friends." I sniffled. "Trina and Jermey."
Kyle broke his intense gaze from me and looked at him. He was trying to make something in his brain snap and tell him he knew them. But, from the look on his face, it wasn't working.
"Tell me the story of how this happened," Kyle demanded gesturing to his leg that was under the white blanket. I haven't thought about it yet, all that's been on my mind was the latest tragedy, amnesia.
I looked down at my hands. Talking about the attack wasn't something that I would willingly open my mouth for. People would tell me that speaking about it would make me feel better. But, I highly doubted that. The only thing that would make me feel better is not talking about it.
"Please..." Kyle looked at me and stroked my cheek.
"Look, Kyle, " Jermey spoke for the first time since his arrival. "I would love to tell you the story but... Leah is the one who should tell you-"
"No, I shouldn't." I said sternly looking at the floor.
"Leah," Jermey said. "You need to talk about this sooner or later. You can't just keep running from this like it's a simple thing. It hurt all of us. And we know it hurt you the most."
I took a deep breath and avoided Kyle's intentive gaze that stuck on me.
"You loved Kyle. I watched you silently break into pieces these last few months. Kyle is back. There's nothing to hide from anymore. He's alive!" Jermey's words were meant well, but nothing stung more than reality.
A tear slid down my cheek.
Kyle's head bobbed back in forth between us, as he tried to decipher what was going on.
Before my common sense took over I said, "We were graduating in a month. So, we decided to go to the beach for a weekend. You know, to have one last chance to be together before we all seperated for college. When we first arrived that evening the sun was setting against the water. We had ended up on the shore and you proposed to me...
"Never in my life had I felt so content. You were everything I wanted and you were mine. You loved me and I loved you. Everything was so simple..." Another tear slid down my cheek as everyone waited for me to proceed.
"The next day we were all going to go sailing. You thought it would be funny to play a prank on me and fall into the water. Well you did and I freaked out. I thought you were going to drown. I know I over reacted about it. I was just... taking precautions. Because nothing was going to ruin my mood. So, you were in the water and started to swim back in the boat to calm me. When you did I heard you scream..." I choked on my words and replayed the scene over in my mind. There weren't words for the way I felt that day.
"There was red water all around you. You were crying and screaming and your pain was making me cry even harder. I had climbed up on the railing and was fixing to jump in for you-"
"You would do that?" Kyle interupted me.
Astonished, I turned toward him. His beautiful blue eyes were reflecting my sadness.
"Of course I would," I whispered to him.
"You must of really loved me," he attempted a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. Knowing him long enough, I knew that he was trying to be reassuring.
"I really do love you." Embarrassed at my words I glanced at the monitor in the corner of the room as I turned red in the cheeks.
There was a silence that thickly filled the room between the four of us. I knew that the new Kyle may be different, but deep down in there was my old Kyle and no matter how much he will change, I will always love him.
"Continue the story, please," Trina whispered from across the room. Jermey was now holding her close to his chest as she whimpered throug the beginning of my story.
I took a deep breath and resumed. "Jermey pulled me back from the rail. And I remember doing everything in my power to attempt a getaway from him. I think I can even remember biting him... Well, as the police boat arrived, I saw a shark fin rush away in the water.
"They pulled you into the other boat and I tried my best to keep my eyes away from the ripped flesh of your leg. The image of that still sticks with me and I don't think I would be able to get rid of it if I tried. I remember after you were put into the ambulance and we were on our way to the hospital, you grabbed my hand and said, 'I love you, Leah'. I told you I loved you too. Then, weakly we kissed. After I pulled back that's when you slipped away into your coma..."
I didn't notice untill the story was finished that I was crying. My face was soaked and my friends just stared at me, trying to process this. They just got a piece of my mind and how I think, it was a scary thing. Ecspecially, since the attack.
Familiar and warm arms circled around me and pulled me to him. Kyle hugged me close to him as I cried into his chest. It felt amazing to be in his arms again. Even though one little thing felt off, it was still wonderful.
"Wait!" Trina yelled.
Still gripping onto Kyle's chest, I peeked up at her.
"Didn't I film the proposal? Kyle can watch it! Maybe if he sees it then..." She was ecstatic.
For a moment I let a small flicker of hope spark in me. That maybe Kyle could be back.
"Jermey, help me," Trina said as she pulled wires out of her overstuffed purses. She took the video camera and hooked various cords to it before Jermey reached behind the television.
There were a few clicks of the remote before a view of the beach appeared on the screen. Kyle and I sat on the sand.
"You have beautiful eyes. They match the exact color of the ocean..." Kyle's voice echoed through the speakers.
I choked back a sob from seeing the old Kyle again. The Real Kyle gripped my body tighter to him.
"Did you know that if the mother and father both have blue eyes then, the children will have blue eyes?" Kyle had said.
I laughed on the screen. I hadn't laughed like that in three months. "Already making child plans?"
Then the Kyle on screen told me about how he wants two kids. And he thinks the name Leila was beautiful.
"Well," my TV self said. "Your going to gave to propose first." I had snuggled closer to Kyle.
His arm went around me and he said, "Well, if that's the case then..." Kyle had then pulled out a small velvet box, that was sitting on a dresser in my room.
"Leah Nicole Rynelds, you are the most beautiful girl I had ever met. When we were younger, I remember how you would talk about growing up and marrying a prince someday."
"I know that I might now be a prince," Kyle resumed. "But, I was hoping that maybe I could be worthy enough to attempt it..." Kyle sighed. "I love you. So, will you marry me?"
I started crying, along with the Leah that was on the Tv.
I felt the gaze of Kyle on me. He, then, started to stroke my hair and shush me. Just like he used to.
"I love you too. Yes!" I screamed and tackled him to the sand. We kissed right there on the screen and a blush creeped up on my neck.
And then it ended. That scene had been playing over in my mind for three months straight. I had forgotten that Trina filmed it. If I knew sooner, I might of watched it everynight before going to bed.
Everyone's eyes were on me now. Looking for any further reaction.
There was none.
"Do you remember...?" I whispered into Kyle's hospital gown.
"No... I'm so sorry, Leah." I could feel Kyle's chest vibrating as he spoke.
I let out a breath that I had been holding.
The door to his hospital room opened. Jennifer walked in and smiled at Kyle and I.
She turned to Trina and whispered in her ear. In reply, Trina shook her head sadly. I watched on as Jennifer's face fell.
"It's time for Kyle's therapy," she whispered to us. "For his leg..."
Kyle's arms tightened around me as if he didn't want to let me go. The feeling was mutal.
"Well, then we should probably be going." Jermey stood up from his chair. "Leah, do you need a ride home?"
This was my invitation to leave. But, I couldn't seem to break myself away from Kyle. If I left, would something tragic happen again? Just like with his coma? I let myself away for one moment and he slipped out of conciusness.
"He'll be here when you get back, Leah," Jennifer told me gently. "I promise."
I nodded and unwrapped myself from him. It hurt worse than I expected.
"We'll be in the hall." And all three of them walked out.
Kyle didn't seem to want to let his arms go from around my waist. But when I backed up enough from the bed, I felt his hands unclasp.
"Will you be back tomorrow?" he asked and my heart fluttered.
"Yeah. We need to talk about somethings," I said and picked my purse up off the floor.
Walking toward the door I said back to him, "See you then."
"Wait!"
I spun around on my heel to look at him. He just stared back at me so I came back over to his bed.
He swallowed and brushed his hand behind my neck. Dragging me closer to him, I bent down and kissed him. I kissed him like I did that time we were on the beach. Well, I atleast tried. On the beach I was happy. Right now, I was still a little broken.
"Goodbye," he whispered as I pulled back from him.
"Bye."
Then I walked out of the hospital room and into the real world.

This book has 9 comments. Post your own now!

CrazyBroadwayGirl said...

I love it! Pleeeaasse continue!

-Whitney

DirectingGabs replied...
Just added some more. Tell me what ya think, whitney(:

DirectingGabs said...

Okayy guys! I know yall didn't see that coming! Comment! PLEASE!  I need to know what everyone thinks(:

BrownEyedGirl said...
oh I loved it!  Please Please continue!

DirectingGabs replied...
Don't worry!(: I have more coming, I'm almost done with the next chapter!!:D

BrownEyedGirl replied...
Good!  Because I loved it and I have to know what happens!

DirectingGabs replied...
Spoiler! It sounds like the end at that part but, something EXTREMELY big happens. I think tomorrow I will be able to put more up. I'm hoping tomorrow. But, I WILL get more up. THATS NOT THE ENDD!(:

1234sleep replied...
ey are you gonna post more?

DirectingGabs replied...
It's been a while but I put some more up.