Loving Kyle

Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I really hope you enjoy this! It's all I have been able to think about for the past few days. I love feedback- comment and rate. Let me know what I can do to improve please! Also, this is NOT the ending. I am writing more. But I wanted everyone to see it before I finish. Keeping in suspense!(:  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »

Might Just Be a Dream

Chapter Five.
I walked across the stage and faked my smile. In the crowd, cameras flashed and people cheered my name. My principal smiled at me and handed me my diploma, that was neatly rolled into a cylinder.
"You did good this year," she whispered when I hugged her. "I know that this is hard for you- not having Kyle here- but, he is going to be okay."
I did my best to hold back my tears as I went to sit back down.
Kyle had been in a coma for a month
Suprise Attack! Nothing is as it seems... just read the next chapter.(:
now. Everyday, I called the hospital that they moved him to. Everyday, Jennifer would answer and give me the same steady reply.
He had missed graduation. The only day he said he would make a complete man of himself and act professianal.
I went through that month, numb.
And the next.
And the next.
Now, I was unpacking in my new apartment. The same apartment, I remember going to with Kyle. He had claimed it was perfect. And I didn't doubt it... It was just... empty. My stuff didn't fill up the whole space. Just half. So, I had half to stare back at me with sorrow.
My college didn't start untill next month. I wanted to move in early to get settled and to have "fun" in the city- at least that's what I had told my parents. Most of all, I wanted to get away from the house I grew up in. Because everywhere I turned reminded me of Kyle.
In these past few months since the attack I say things to assure my parents. Even if I don't mean them. I learned to smile numbly. But just wide enought to where my parents think I'm a- okay. When, that's far from the truth. My mom had even recommended me a therapist here in the city. Saying, that anyone could always use "extra help".
Well, Mom, I don't want extra help. I want Kyle.
Is that just too much to ask?
I collapsed myself onto the black leather couch. Wanting to fast forward my life, I tried to go to sleep. But sleep didn't come easy anymore. Nothing really did. Everytime I closed my eyes images of Kyle screaming and bleeding would creep up on me- just like that shark did to him.
Suddenly, my phone was blasting a song. My muscles didn't really comprehend when I weakly told them to move. Giving up, I tried to sleep again.
The ringing stopped... Only to start up again a minute later.
"Ugh," I moaned and walked to my cell phone. "Hello?" I didn't even feel like trying to hide the irritation in my voice anymore.
"Leah?" Jennifer's voice was frantic.
"Yeah?-"
"Kyle's awake! Hurry and drive down here! Please we need to talk!"
My heart fluttered. I slammed my phone closed and ran out the door. Probably, forgetting to lock my door.
It felt like I couldn't get to my car in time. Why do I have to park in the back?
My tires spealed out of the parking lot before I could even close the door all the way.
Never, in my entire life I had my heart been so clogged in my throat. The hospital was thirty minutes away. Thirty minutes! My car couldn't drive fast enough it felt like. I needed something to keep my mind off of ditching the car and running.
"Hello?" Trina picked up on the first ring. Ever since the graduation, she had kept a close eye on me. Always being there for me.
"Trina! Kyle's awake. He's-" I choked on my own sob. When did I start crying?
"Is he really?" Trina screamed and I heard her Jermey in the background with a questioning tone. "He's awake!" She bellowed at him.
"Yes, I'm on my way right now!" I replied as the car in front of my stopped at redlight. "If this stupid car can go!" I honked my horn when the light switched to green and the old suburban didn't immediantly move.
"Okay, Jermey and I will be over as soon as possible!" she screamed and hung up.
Butterflies were in my stomach as I turned onto the overpass taking me out of city. There was no traffic, so I freely sped around cars.
Dad had always told me there was no excuse for reckless driving. No excuse, ha! Try having your fiancee in a coma for three months and he wakes up when your thirty minutes away. Then, you can tell me there's no excuse.
The hospital came into my sight.
"Finally..." I murmered as I waited for a car to turn. Nervously, I tapped the steering wheel as if it would help the car turn faster.
The car slowly pulled out of my way and I turned into hospital parking lot.
There was no parking spaces near the front. I had to take one in the very, very back. It's like the world wasn't on my side today!
Jumping out of my car, I ran to the front entrance. I had to hurry. He couldn't fall asleep again. I wouldn't let him.
Inside, the familiar smell of cleaning products hit me as I ran to the elevator.
"No running, please!" the nurse yelled at me as I passed her up.
I jammed my finger into the number four button.
"Hurry, hurry," I mumbled to myself. Tapping my hands on my jeans, the metal door opened with a friendly ding.
My stomach flipped as I dashed down the hall.
"Goodmorning, Leah," the nurse- Jackie- waved to me.
Making a lame attempt at a wave as I flew past her to Kyle's room.
There it was- room 407.
The door hit the wall with a bang as I threw it open. Later on I would feel sorry for it... not now.
"Leah!" Jennifer cheered.
My eyes caught with Kyle's. They were open. Finally those eyes were open. His blue eyes held me there.
"Kyle," I choked and ran over to him. My arms flew around his neck as I hugged him and never wanted to let go again.

CrazyBroadwayGirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

I love it! Pleeeaasse continue!

-Whitney

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:49 pm :
Just added some more. Tell me what ya think, whitney(:

DirectingGabs said...

Okayy guys! I know yall didn't see that coming! Comment! PLEASE!  I need to know what everyone thinks(:

BrownEyedGirl said...
oh I loved it!  Please Please continue!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 3:01 pm :
Don't worry!(: I have more coming, I'm almost done with the next chapter!!:D

BrownEyedGirl replied...
Aug. 4, 2011 at 8:29 pm :
Good!  Because I loved it and I have to know what happens!

DirectingGabs replied...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
Spoiler! It sounds like the end at that part but, something EXTREMELY big happens. I think tomorrow I will be able to put more up. I'm hoping tomorrow. But, I WILL get more up. THATS NOT THE ENDD!(:

1234sleepThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:02 pm :
ey are you gonna post more?

DirectingGabs replied...
Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:48 pm :
It's been a while but I put some more up.